network utility will not start

I recently installed the software for my MN-820 wireless
notebook kit on a Sony Vaio PCG-FRV25 Laptop. Everything
installs fine and the internet connection between this
computer and my other computer has no problem working.
When I double click on the icon to start the Broadband
Networking Utility application absolutely nothing
happens. The application opens fine on the other computer
but the Sony Vaio laptop will not open it. (both
computers are running Windows XP Home). I've tried
clicking on the icon, going into the "All Programs" list,
I even tried to start the program from the Program Files
folder but the only thing that happens is he hourglass
next to the pointer flashes for a second and that's it.
No error report, nothing. I've even uninstalled and
reinstalled the program about ten times. What the heck is
happening?

Are you running any "skinning" programs, or ATI's hydravision or NVidia's
NView?

If yes to any, you'll have to disable them. That might be the problem...

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -