Sign in with
Your question

Wireless router looses internet connection often

Last response: in Networking
June 30, 2012 1:07:53 PM

Hello, I am sharing an internet connection with my friend. I have a wireless router which is connect to a DSL modem. Everything was working fine but now the wireless router looses connection often and if i remove the RJ45 check from my wireless router and plug it in after few minutes it works but again it looses connection.

(When i connect my PC directly to the DSL modem the connection is fine.)
June 30, 2012 3:30:44 PM

I’m assume by “the wireless router looses connection”, you mean its internet connection, not the wireless connection(s).

Might be a hardware issue. Try another network cable between the modem and router. Or perhaps the WAN port of the router is failing (quite rare, but any piece of hardware has the potential to fail). I'm assuming the modem's LAN port is not experiencing hardware problems since it works reliably when connected directly w/ the PC.
m
l
June 30, 2012 3:34:56 PM

eibgrad said:
I’m assume by “the wireless router looses connection”, you mean its internet connection, not the wireless connection(s).

Might be a hardware issue. Try another network cable between the modem and router. Or perhaps the WAN port of the router is failing (quite rare, but any piece of hardware has the potential to fail). I'm assuming the modem's LAN port is not experiencing hardware problems since it works reliably when connected directly w/ the PC.

Yes, it's internet connection. I just tried updating the firmware and till now it's working fine.
m
l
Related resources
!