T610 Message alert question

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
January 8, 2005 5:34:31 PM

Hi,

Is there any way to get a 'reminder' alert when a text or voicemail
message has arrived on a T610? I know how to get the initial alert, but
if I miss it, how do I get the phone to remind me there's a message
waiting for me?

Also, anyone know where you get a decent T610 manual? A pdf download
maybe? I've Googled but found nothing useful so far.

Thanks.
--
Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk
Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me

"Sam" <Sontec@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:7TTelLA39+3BFwAk@sontec.demon.co.uk...
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to get a 'reminder' alert when a text or voicemail
> message has arrived on a T610? I know how to get the initial alert, but
> if I miss it, how do I get the phone to remind me there's a message
> waiting for me?

No, a reminder isn't available.
(I mis that too, my Motorola V70 did that)

> Also, anyone know where you get a decent T610 manual? A pdf download
> maybe? I've Googled but found nothing useful so far.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver...

Cheers
January 9, 2005 8:06:45 PM

In article <41e00583$0$27210$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>,

>"Sam" <Sontec@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:7TTelLA39+3BFwAk@s
>ontec.demon.co.uk...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to get a 'reminder' alert when a text or voicemail
>> message has arrived on a T610? I know how to get the initial alert, but
>> if I miss it, how do I get the phone to remind me there's a message
>> waiting for me?
>
>No, a reminder isn't available.
>(I mis that too, my Motorola V70 did that)
>

>> Also, anyone know where you get a decent T610 manual? A pdf download
>> maybe? I've Googled but found nothing useful so far.
>
>http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver...
>zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10055

Thanks for all this Sven. Now, at least, I know where I stand.
--
Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk
Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me
January 10, 2005 2:36:33 PM

> No, a reminder isn't available.
> (I mis that too, my Motorola V70 did that)

and I miss that too; Nokia 6610 have that.
Nokia's reminder are two little icons (for SMS and missed call) which
appear on the "digital clock" screensaver. great feature. wonder if it's
possible to code an alternative screensaver which will do the same job
as original one, plus that notifying icons or something like that...
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:24:05 PM

"mjolnir" <mjolnir@walhalla.no> wrote in message news:crtlrh$7h0$1@sunce.iskon.hr...
>> No, a reminder isn't available.
>> (I mis that too, my Motorola V70 did that)
>
> and I miss that too; Nokia 6610 have that.
> Nokia's reminder are two little icons (for SMS and missed call) which appear on the "digital clock" screensaver. great feature.
> wonder if it's possible to code an alternative screensaver which will do the same job as original one, plus that notifying icons
> or something like that...

The SE K700 does show a missed call or message allert, like the Nokia you mention, on screen.
So you have to look at it. OK, now you see it without pressing any buttons (to see the main screen)
The Moto V70 beeped and vibrated every x minutes.

Sven
January 11, 2005 5:35:16 AM

mjolnir wrote:

> possible to code an alternative screensaver which will do the same job
> as original one, plus that notifying icons or something like that...

.... would be pointless on a T610 since the screensaver is never visible
except for a couple of milliseconds (time between its appearance before
the display light goes off).

I would use the LED on the joystick. Really sily the haven't done it.

f.

--
Cujo.
<fra@despammed.com>

PGP signed / encrypted mail welcome:
PGP Public Key: <http://www.cujo.it/pgp.txt&gt;
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:52:04 AM

"Cujo" <fra@despammed.com> wrote in message
> mjolnir wrote:
>
>> possible to code an alternative screensaver which will do the same job as
>> original one, plus that notifying icons or something like that...
>
> ... would be pointless on a T610 since the screensaver is never visible
> except for a couple of milliseconds (time between its appearance before
> the display light goes off).
>
> I would use the LED on the joystick. Really sily the haven't done it.

Good idea.
But what does the LED on the joystick do anyway?
I've never seen mine lit up yet that I can remember ;o/

Daz
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 2:59:18 PM

Greybeard wrote:
> "Cujo" <fra@despammed.com> wrote in message
>
>>mjolnir wrote:
>>

>>>possible to code an alternative screensaver which will do the same job as
>>>original one, plus that notifying icons or something like that...
>>
>>... would be pointless on a T610 since the screensaver is never visible
>>except for a couple of milliseconds (time between its appearance before
>>the display light goes off).
>>
>>I would use the LED on the joystick. Really sily the haven't done it.
>

> Good idea.
> But what does the LED on the joystick do anyway?
> I've never seen mine lit up yet that I can remember ;o/
>
> Daz

The clock - screensaver is integrated into the firmware, and it's
black-white only to save battery life.
(you'll have to get SE to change the firmware for you, but I think that
development on the T610 has already ceased)

The little red light on the joystick flashes on low battery (IMHO that's
useless, because you can't see it in daylight...)
This "feature" is about as useful as the red LED blinking on my HBH-60,
when the battery is about to go dead. - No warning tone at all :-((

just my 2 cents
Gottfried
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 7:42:35 PM

"Gottfried Mayer" <ngs@NOOfusedSPAAAM.ch> wrote in message
> Greybeard wrote:
>> "Cujo" <fra@despammed.com> wrote in message

>>>... would be pointless on a T610 since the screensaver is never visible
>>>except for a couple of milliseconds (time between its appearance before
>>>the display light goes off).
>>>
>>>I would use the LED on the joystick. Really sily the haven't done it.
>>

>> Good idea.
>> But what does the LED on the joystick do anyway?
>> I've never seen mine lit up yet that I can remember ;o/
>>
>> Daz
>
> The clock - screensaver is integrated into the firmware, and it's
> black-white only to save battery life.
> (you'll have to get SE to change the firmware for you, but I think that
> development on the T610 has already ceased)
>
> The little red light on the joystick flashes on low battery (IMHO that's
> useless, because you can't see it in daylight...)
> This "feature" is about as useful as the red LED blinking on my HBH-60,
> when the battery is about to go dead. - No warning tone at all :-((
>
> just my 2 cents

Well TBO honest I don't think I've seen my stick LED alight in 14 months of
owning the damned thing!
The headset led is great too, I must agree. What's the point of it going
red, when it's shoved in lug'ole! My eyes can't see round there ;op a
tone would be great, as I have on quite a few occasions, been nattering away
just to find that the battery had gone flat and the other party had no idea!
Bloody useless, like a _lot_ of the SE ideas, and s/w!!

Daz.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 9:53:48 PM

Greybeard wrote:
<snip>
> Good idea.
> But what does the LED on the joystick do anyway?
> I've never seen mine lit up yet that I can remember ;o/
>
> Daz

Lights up when the phone is being charged when switched off.

It can also be used in certain ringtones to flash...

Yeah! Great uses of it.
January 11, 2005 10:41:58 PM

In article <34idvgF4c4j3bU1@individual.net>,

>>> Good idea.
>>> But what does the LED on the joystick do anyway?
>>> I've never seen mine lit up yet that I can remember ;o/
>>>
>>> Daz
>>
>> The clock - screensaver is integrated into the firmware, and it's
>> black-white only to save battery life.
>> (you'll have to get SE to change the firmware for you, but I think that
>> development on the T610 has already ceased)
>>
>> The little red light on the joystick flashes on low battery (IMHO that's
>> useless, because you can't see it in daylight...)
>> This "feature" is about as useful as the red LED blinking on my HBH-60,
>> when the battery is about to go dead. - No warning tone at all :-((
>
>Well TBO honest I don't think I've seen my stick LED alight in 14 months of
>owning the damned thing!
>Daz.
I never noticed there was an LED in the joystick! I thought it was just
a piece of plastic, a fabulous design feature LOL! So no message alert
reminder then? Great.
--
Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk
Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:58:17 AM

In article <l$xZOHBGwC5BFwQH@sontec.demon.co.uk>, Sam
<Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <34idvgF4c4j3bU1@individual.net>,

>>> The clock - screensaver is integrated into the firmware, and it's
>>> black-white only to save battery life.
>>> (you'll have to get SE to change the firmware for you, but I think that
>>> development on the T610 has already ceased)
>>>
>>> The little red light on the joystick flashes on low battery (IMHO that's
>>> useless, because you can't see it in daylight...)
>>> This "feature" is about as useful as the red LED blinking on my HBH-60,
>>> when the battery is about to go dead. - No warning tone at all :-((
>>
>>Well TBO honest I don't think I've seen my stick LED alight in 14 months of
>>owning the damned thing!
>>Daz.
>I never noticed there was an LED in the joystick! I thought it was just
>a piece of plastic, a fabulous design feature LOL! So no message alert
>reminder then? Great.

When the phone is off, and you plug in the charger, the joystick LED will
light up. But on the manual, there seems no mentioning it at all. Strange.
Who can explain the LED on the joystick in details? TIA

--
Tao Tong
January 13, 2005 4:13:38 PM

When the phone is off, and you plug in the charger, the joystick LED will
light up. But on the manual, there seems no mentioning it at all. Strange.
Who can explain the LED on the joystick in details? TIA

Never noticed that. Back to the original question, the T-610 does notify you
of missed called (icon on the screen), and of un-read text messages (icon on
the screen).
January 14, 2005 1:31:50 AM

In article <1105505890.8c04e5033d649d3fae561bdef02dbb54@teranews>, Tao
Tong <tongtao_98@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When the phone is off, and you plug in the charger, the joystick LED will
> light up. But on the manual, there seems no mentioning it at all. Strange.
> Who can explain the LED on the joystick in details? TIA

The details are that the LED only lights when the phone is being
charged or has a very low battery. That's all.
January 18, 2005 9:30:58 AM

>> possible to code an alternative screensaver which will do the same job
>> as original one, plus that notifying icons or something like that...
>
> ... would be pointless on a T610 since the screensaver is never visible
> except for a couple of milliseconds (time between its appearance before
> the display light goes off).

on my 630 there is a digital clock application which shows up with WHITE
background and black digits. the screen just dim itself after second or
two as you mentioned, and the screen looks like BLACK with transparent
digits showing the time. that digital clock is _always_ shown. just like
Nokias, Samsungs, etc. so what's pointless here? i don't know what you
think as "never visible"? your phone shuts down the screen and you see
nothing??

> I would use the LED on the joystick. Really sily the haven't done it.

i agree, that would be the solution too
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:31:44 AM

> But what does the LED on the joystick do anyway?
> I've never seen mine lit up yet that I can remember ;o/

blinks when your battery is going really low
!