any conflicts with cordless phone signals?

Mike

Splendid

I have the Microsoft base station MN-500 and am
connecting via a wireless connection to my laptop. I am
about to go buy a cordless phone and didn't know what the
operating frequency is for the basestation and if there
is a potential conflict with the 2.4Ghz or 5.8 Ghz phones.

Can someone verify if there is a conflict with either?

Yes, the 2.4 versions can conflict. I would suggest you look at the product
specs before purchasing a 5.8 because some of them use both 5.8 (send) and
2.4 (receive). They must state what they use. You could also get a 900 MHz
cordless, if you could find them locally. I have both the 900 and 5.8
cordless here, and no interference on the LAN at all.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the Microsoft base station MN-500 and am
> connecting via a wireless connection to my laptop. I am
> about to go buy a cordless phone and didn't know what the
> operating frequency is for the basestation and if there
> is a potential conflict with the 2.4Ghz or 5.8 Ghz phones.
>
> Can someone verify if there is a conflict with either?

yep they do. I have to share the 2.4 range with 2 phones. I think if I was
able to pick the wireless channel the phones use they wouldn`t boot me off.
I get booted off randomly when the phones are used. I think the phones pick
a channel randomly. whats odd is. i switch my network to wireless b. to
support a ethernet bridge I purchased thats wireless b. and now i never
seem to get booted. maybe just lucky lately. or maybe for some reason the
phones see the channel being noisy. I don`t see why everyones gotta use the
same range. 900 mhz phones worked great to me. we had one for years. with
no problems. mike id try to find 900 mhz myself nobodys using that for
wireless that I know of. I don`t have that option I deal with it or one buy
the people I live with new phones. or try to find 5.8 gighertz network
equipment. if it excists yet. and im sure it would be more expensive.