Direct X

G

Hi there all,

Do any of you guys know how to uninstall Direct X ver.8.1b (4.08.01.0579) (on 98SE) its a beta version, and is working alright except it has expired , and I'm constantly getting this message - "Microsoft DirectDraw , Beta DirectDraw Expired , Please Update" when I play UT or use my browser.

I cant update it, there is no freaking new version at Microcrap and reinstalling it makes no difference.

I also tried installing the previous versions (4.08.00.0400 and 4.07.00.0716) but they wont take.Also downloading from Windoze Update makes no difference either.

Thanx in advance.

I've posted this in Win 95/98/ME/XP as well.

Hoping a fellow gamer may have a few more suggestions!

G

did you down load from microsoft update page? if you did you can go to system tools and pick system information at the top are tools checkout the update uninstall wizzard

G

Hi there ,

Yes I did download from MS Windoze Udate (several times and tried reinstalling from saved files as well).

Update Uninstall Wizard wont uninstall it ,looks like its uninstallable, without ripping the whole OS out anyway.

Thanks for your posts Labplant !

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
There is a DirectX uninstaller. Look for it on google.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

Ye thanks Red,fixed it.Anyone having this problem download the uninstaller at www.directxbuster.de (use at own risk).It deletes all the relevant keys in the registry.