Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What's up with Installing OTF fonts in W7?

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
June 3, 2009 5:35:33 PM

Getting the error The requested File is not a valid font file I've done some research about registry changes where you put SessionImageSize with DEC of 20 but that was for XP 64bit. I can't seem to find anything about installing fonts for Windows 7. I've tried with TTF and OTF

More about : installing otf fonts

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2009 7:56:45 AM

How did you try installing the fonts? The usual method is to just copy the actual font files to your Fonts folder (found through Control Panel).
May 24, 2010 4:20:11 PM

i have the same problem.
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2010 4:21:00 PM

i tried both ways, copy and paste and rigth click button and then install.
nothing happen.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 29, 2010 12:45:02 PM

Also, if the font files are contained in a ZIP (which is how most Adobe OTF fonts are packaged) you can't just drag-n-drop them to the Control Panel > Fonts folder, even though Windows 7 treats ZIP files like a folder.

First you need to copy them to a standard folder to uncompress them, and then you can drag and drop the uncompressed *.OTF files to the Control Panel > Fonts folder.
m
l
June 6, 2012 1:46:39 PM

I'm having the same issue installing OTF fonts on Windows7 64bit - moved fonts out of the zipped folder, dragged the fonts into control panel/ fonts and still get 'invalid font' error. this thread and OP's problem hasn't been solved as far as i'm concerned!
m
l
June 26, 2012 3:17:13 PM

Rather than dragging, or right clicking. Double click the font name. A font preview window will open and there is an option to install there.

Cheers.
m
l
November 2, 2012 12:03:28 AM

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and cannot install fonts using any method. This is frustrating. I could install fonts on Win7 on my laptop, but not on my new desktop.
m
l
!