default_user

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2003
This concerns a HP DeskJet 3820, though i figure it's applicable to any deskjet printer.

I'm experiencing the following irritation; i can't seem to get the printer set up as to print over the whole surface of the paper. In other words the restricted margins keep cropping that which i print.

I read elsewhere on this forum that this is a sort of failsafe, so that the printer won't accidentally spray the ink besides the paper and perhaps damaging any internal parts in the process.

Now, HP has these margins listed in their product specifications, which apparently cannot be adjusted, or completely removed through print setup, leading me to the conclusion that they're not at all adjustable.

I'm hoping that i'm wrong on this, and that you guys can possibly tell me otherwise.

Also, is this feature inherent to all DeskJet-type printers?

In any case, thanks for any comments and/or suggestions.

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Seems the only way to print right to the edge is to print on a bigger paper (eg. C4 for A4) & then later cut down to size.

Undeniable facts #61:
If you wack yourself, it'll hurt.

pyrocutee

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
The 3820 is not capable of borderless printing. If you want or need that feature, you will need a new printer. Any new printer will do at least borderless 4x6's (10x15's), but you will have to look closer if you want more borderless sizes. That feature isn't something that the manufacturers saw as being a necessary feature until recently.