Yamaha RX-V2090 rec out selector broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thing is a few years old already, and I've had trouble with it all
along but I never stopped to really investigate. Anyway, it appears
that the Rec Out selector does nothing, the output on my Tape 2 Out is
always whatever the current selected Source is. Has anyone else heard
of this problem, is it fairly common? The unit is long out of warranty;
if it's just a dead switch or something I can probably fix it myself
but I wonder if anyone has more info first. Thanks for any advice.

hyc wrote:
> This thing is a few years old already, and I've had trouble with it
> all along but I never stopped to really investigate. Anyway, it
> appears that the Rec Out selector does nothing, the output on my Tape
> 2 Out is always whatever the current selected Source is. Has anyone
> else heard of this problem, is it fairly common? The unit is long out
> of warranty; if it's just a dead switch or something I can probably
> fix it myself but I wonder if anyone has more info first. Thanks for
> any advice.

If one HAD to have a problem, this would rank high on my list, since normal
operation is unaffected. I have examined the schematic, and while a bad
switch is a possibility, I would look for one or two bad solder connections
in that general area first. The switch, according to the schematic, only has
two contacts, which select a portion of a resistive ladder to (I suppose)
tell the microprocessor what instruction to send to whatever switching IC(s)
that control the REC OUT function. What can I say. Yamaha likes to be
different. Good stuff, though.

Mark Z.

Thanks for that info. I may not be breaking out the soldering iron
right away; looking at the forest of connections I have plugged into
the back is daunting. ;)