Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't get into modem configuration

Last response: in Networking
July 2, 2012 8:53:32 AM

Hi guys, I've got a problem, I can't get into the configuration of my modem, I type 192.168.1.1 to get into it because I know that's the Default Gateway that I have it assigned but nothing happens, I've tried in every explorer and it doesn't work.

This is my setup:
My PC is connected to the modem itself, and a router is connected to another port on the modem, this is because this way I can limit the speed on the router while I get all the speed coming from the modem.

Also, do you guys know how can I access the router on this setup, if I connect my PC directly through the router, I just have to type 192.168.0.1 and I get in, but while I'm in the modem I can't get into the router neither the modem...

Any ideas?
Thanks.

PD: Internet connection IS working.

More about : modem configuration

July 2, 2012 12:46:35 PM

There isn't anything you can configure in a modem. Your ISP downloads the config to the modem via TFTP.
m
l
July 2, 2012 4:35:59 PM

Yea there's a lot of thing that I can configure on a modem... You can open ports, enable DMZ, enable QoS, change IP address, block IP address, etc, etc, etc...

Does someone else know what might be the problem?...
Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2012 5:02:13 PM

That must be a combination modem/router as those are router settings. Most motoroloa surfboard modems can be accessed via 192.168.100.1.
m
l

Best solution

July 2, 2012 5:07:17 PM

After rereading your initial post, you can't communicate to one device while on the other because you are using 2 different networks. Your modem would need a 192.168.0.x address in order to access your router. Currently your modem is on a 192.168.1.x network.
July 2, 2012 7:38:01 PM

Yea I understand that but, in the first post I said that my PC was connected directly to the modem, so it would be in the same network, but still, when I write 192.168.1.1 it would not let me get into the router for some reason.
m
l
July 8, 2012 11:58:57 PM

Best answer selected by Xtrastor.
m
l
!