Can't get into modem configuration

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys, I've got a problem, I can't get into the configuration of my modem, I type 192.168.1.1 to get into it because I know that's the Default Gateway that I have it assigned but nothing happens, I've tried in every explorer and it doesn't work.

This is my setup:
My PC is connected to the modem itself, and a router is connected to another port on the modem, this is because this way I can limit the speed on the router while I get all the speed coming from the modem.

Also, do you guys know how can I access the router on this setup, if I connect my PC directly through the router, I just have to type 192.168.0.1 and I get in, but while I'm in the modem I can't get into the router neither the modem...

Any ideas?
Thanks.

PD: Internet connection IS working.

Solution
After rereading your initial post, you can't communicate to one device while on the other because you are using 2 different networks. Your modem would need a 192.168.0.x address in order to access your router. Currently your modem is on a 192.168.1.x network.

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Yea there's a lot of thing that I can configure on a modem... You can open ports, enable DMZ, enable QoS, change IP address, block IP address, etc, etc, etc...

Does someone else know what might be the problem?...
Thanks.

After rereading your initial post, you can't communicate to one device while on the other because you are using 2 different networks. Your modem would need a 192.168.0.x address in order to access your router. Currently your modem is on a 192.168.1.x network.

Solution

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Yea I understand that but, in the first post I said that my PC was connected directly to the modem, so it would be in the same network, but still, when I write 192.168.1.1 it would not let me get into the router for some reason.