Sign in with
Your question

Installing new drivers

Last response: in Windows 7
April 14, 2012 7:30:06 PM

So, im getting a new ssd soon and I will install my OS there.
I want to install ALL the latest official drivers, but with windows 7 it always installs some drivers itself during formatting and windows 7 installing. How can i disable that and install the graphics/mobo drivers that i download and update bios.

More about : installing drivers

April 14, 2012 7:38:04 PM

Those are built in drivers on the Windows 7 CD. It's fine to just let those install then update them with the ones you download from the manufacturer's website. The BIOS is stored in a chip on the motherboard so it isn't affected by an OS install.
April 14, 2012 8:14:58 PM

How can i update ?
I uninstall - restart - and before i can install the oens i downloaded the windows automatically installs them again..
Related resources
April 14, 2012 8:16:05 PM

You don't need to uninstall them. Just install the new ones and they supplant the older ones.
a b $ Windows 7
April 14, 2012 8:24:48 PM

Just remember to do what I have read others recommend. Disconnect any hard drives and have only the SSD installed when installing the OS to the SSD.

You will need those Win7 drivers to get the computer working until such time as you install the specific device drivers for your components.
April 14, 2012 8:29:24 PM

Alright, so i just unplug hdd - install ssd, boot up and install OS on ssd, download the latest drivers + bios and update ?
!