Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Spliter Box

Last response: in Networking
July 2, 2012 5:17:55 PM

Hi, I want to share one monitor between two computers, one work pc and the other personal pc. Does anyone know of a good quality switching device which maintains a good picture quality on the monitor and doesn't blurr or fuzz the picture?
Preferably needs to have one DVI input and one VGA input with a DVI output to the monitor.

More about : spliter box

a c 100 C Monitor
July 2, 2012 5:31:17 PM

Most decent quality monitors have dual-inputs, does yours? If it does, you can just swap inputs right on the monitor. No signal loss that way at all.
July 2, 2012 5:36:01 PM

Yes, I'm trying to avoid that method, last resort. Cheers
a c 100 C Monitor
July 2, 2012 5:46:03 PM

That should be your first option, why would you buy something that costs extra when you already have a solution? Any KVM will add some signal noise, the higher the resolution, the more distortion you will see. You'd need to spend probably $50 or more on a KVM to avoid that even at short cable runs. Plus I don't think I have seen a KVM or a video input switcher that had different inputs you can use that was under several hundred dollars. The ones I work with in conference rooms are around $1,000 or more.