Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Comparing two DVB PCI cards

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 2:30:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Been considering getting a PCI card so that I can get the 4:2:2 and HDTV
DVB mpeg feeds. The two I'm eying are:

DST 1000 BEC
Twinhan VP 1020A

Anyone have strong feelings about one over the other? Anyone know of
problems using third party software like progdvb and one of these?

Thanks, in advance.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA
--
Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

-attributed to various authors
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 9:33:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:30:01 -0600, Rich Piehl
<rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote:

>Been considering getting a PCI card so that I can get the 4:2:2 and HDTV
>DVB mpeg feeds. The two I'm eying are:
>
>DST 1000 BEC
>Twinhan VP 1020A
>
>Anyone have strong feelings about one over the other? Anyone know of
>problems using third party software like progdvb and one of these?
>
>Thanks, in advance.
>
>Take care,
>Rich
>
>God bless the USA


The Twinhan apparently has decent support in the Satformns group.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:15:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

The twinhan is fine for what you need.. it really depends on your computers
processing speed.

I've got an AMD2400 working fine with progdvb for 4:2:2 & HDTV


"Gary J Tait" <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:0uov011cp4bdgqbibkap9251s3239l76df@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:30:01 -0600, Rich Piehl
> <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote:
>
> >Been considering getting a PCI card so that I can get the 4:2:2 and HDTV
> >DVB mpeg feeds. The two I'm eying are:
> >
> >DST 1000 BEC
> >Twinhan VP 1020A
> >
> >Anyone have strong feelings about one over the other? Anyone know of
> >problems using third party software like progdvb and one of these?
> >
> >Thanks, in advance.
> >
> >Take care,
> >Rich
> >
> >God bless the USA
>
>
> The Twinhan apparently has decent support in the Satformns group.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 11:15:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:15:18 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The twinhan is fine for what you need.. it really depends on your computers
>processing speed.
>
>I've got an AMD2400 working fine with progdvb for 4:2:2 & HDTV

I have been running a broadlogic 2035 with dvb viewer in a P3 500 /
512 meg ram for that.
Does your setup get encrypted channels with yankse? (HDTV)
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:45:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:15:40 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:15:18 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>The twinhan is fine for what you need.. it really depends on your computers
>>processing speed.
>>
>>I've got an AMD2400 working fine with progdvb for 4:2:2 & HDTV
>
>I have been running a broadlogic 2035 with dvb viewer in a P3 500 /
>512 meg ram for that.
>Does your setup get encrypted channels with yankse? (HDTV)
>

Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:35:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:45:01 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:15:40 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:15:18 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>The twinhan is fine for what you need.. it really depends on your computers
>>>processing speed.
>>>
>>>I've got an AMD2400 working fine with progdvb for 4:2:2 & HDTV
>>
>>I have been running a broadlogic 2035 with dvb viewer in a P3 500 /
>>512 meg ram for that.
>>Does your setup get encrypted channels with yankse? (HDTV)
>>
>
>Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?


I like to be up on all things current. Note, my setup only does FTA
signals.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:43:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

In article <7go2111ba7d029hvumdbmf3vat1407odpl@4ax.com>, Gary J Tait wrote:
> Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?

Why YOUR fascination with stealing, Gary?

Any time someone anywhere remotely implies it, you jump down his throat,
regardless of evidence supporting the accusation. Jeez, sometimes I think
you're just a 'bot triggering on terms like "FTA" and such in any
satellite group.

....Sean.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 5:29:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:43:00 -0600, CheetoDust
<Stalky14@synonymforenthuse.com> wrote:

>In article <7go2111ba7d029hvumdbmf3vat1407odpl@4ax.com>, Gary J Tait wrote:
>> Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?
>
>Why YOUR fascination with stealing, Gary?
>
>Any time someone anywhere remotely implies it, you jump down his throat,
>regardless of evidence supporting the accusation. Jeez, sometimes I think
>you're just a 'bot triggering on terms like "FTA" and such in any
>satellite group.
>
>...Sean.

Its the pople that steal, and feel they mus lie about it that are the
problem.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:19:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:29:02 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:43:00 -0600, CheetoDust
><Stalky14@synonymforenthuse.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <7go2111ba7d029hvumdbmf3vat1407odpl@4ax.com>, Gary J Tait wrote:
>>> Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?
>>
>>Why YOUR fascination with stealing, Gary?
>>
>>Any time someone anywhere remotely implies it, you jump down his throat,
>>regardless of evidence supporting the accusation. Jeez, sometimes I think
>>you're just a 'bot triggering on terms like "FTA" and such in any
>>satellite group.
>>
>>...Sean.
>
>Its the pople that steal, and feel they mus lie about it that are the
>problem.


That is a strange statement. I don't think Charlie would agree.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:23:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:38:37 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The Hauppauge Nexus-s is a great card I've had one for years but the onboard
>hardware decoder will not output HDTV. I believe the original thread focus
>was on HD & 4:2:2.


Right you are. I didn't read it so good I suppose. Still, it will work
the same as either of those in soft mode. :) 

I know it is unrelated, but do you have any experience with the Fusion
3? I'm thinking of grabbing one.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:44:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:19:25 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:29:02 -0500, Gary J Tait
><classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:43:00 -0600, CheetoDust
>><Stalky14@synonymforenthuse.com> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <7go2111ba7d029hvumdbmf3vat1407odpl@4ax.com>, Gary J Tait wrote:
>>>> Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?
>>>
>>>Why YOUR fascination with stealing, Gary?
>>>
>>>Any time someone anywhere remotely implies it, you jump down his throat,
>>>regardless of evidence supporting the accusation. Jeez, sometimes I think
>>>you're just a 'bot triggering on terms like "FTA" and such in any
>>>satellite group.
>>>
>>>...Sean.
>>
>>Its the pople that steal, and feel they mus lie about it that are the
>>problem.
>
>
>That is a strange statement. I don't think Charlie would agree.
>

Well, Charlie doesn't sign my paycheck. If a person really wants to
steal TV, I won't really try to reason with them then. If they want to
try to get pay services without paying for them by defeating security,
and tries to walk around that their intent is thenf, I educate them.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 2:50:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Whats Fusion 3?

"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
news:ft75115em35jh3q32dkrp53kci2tbg4dhv@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:38:37 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The Hauppauge Nexus-s is a great card I've had one for years but the
onboard
> >hardware decoder will not output HDTV. I believe the original thread
focus
> >was on HD & 4:2:2.
>
>
> Right you are. I didn't read it so good I suppose. Still, it will work
> the same as either of those in soft mode. :) 
>
> I know it is unrelated, but do you have any experience with the Fusion
> 3? I'm thinking of grabbing one.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:00:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Gary J Tait Wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:19:25 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:29:02 -0500, Gary J Tait
> ><classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:43:00 -0600, CheetoDust
> >><Stalky14@synonymforenthuse.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>>In article <7go2111ba7d029hvumdbmf3vat1407odpl@4ax.com>, Gary J Tait
> wrote:
> >>>> Why the fascination with stealing, Kryppy?
> >>>
> >>>Why YOUR fascination with stealing, Gary?
> >>>
> >>>Any time someone anywhere remotely implies it, you jump down his
> throat,
> >>>regardless of evidence supporting the accusation. Jeez, sometimes I
> think
> >>>you're just a 'bot triggering on terms like "FTA" and such in any
> >>>satellite group.
> >>>
> >>>...Sean.
> >>
> >>Its the pople that steal, and feel they mus lie about it that are the
> >>problem.
> >
> >
> >That is a strange statement. I don't think Charlie would agree.
> >
>
> Well, Charlie doesn't sign my paycheck. If a person really wants to
> steal TV, I won't really try to reason with them then. If they want to
> try to get pay services without paying for them by defeating security,
> and tries to walk around that their intent is thenf, I educate them.

what is the purpose of this place if not to gain information on free
tv. How come you deny you do it ?


--
BeeverDamn
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:04:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:44:17 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:


>>>Its the pople that steal, and feel they mus lie about it that are the
>>>problem.
>>
>>
>>That is a strange statement. I don't think Charlie would agree.
>>
>
>Well, Charlie doesn't sign my paycheck. If a person really wants to
>steal TV, I won't really try to reason with them then. If they want to
>try to get pay services without paying for them by defeating security,
>and tries to walk around that their intent is thenf, I educate them.


Ok, that is cool.

I want free TiVo, where do I get current slices? :) 

Have a nice day!
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:05:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:50:59 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Whats Fusion 3?


HDTV PCI card for OTA that can capture etc etc.
You can put four or more in for true kickass PVR abilities.

>
>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
>news:ft75115em35jh3q32dkrp53kci2tbg4dhv@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:38:37 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >The Hauppauge Nexus-s is a great card I've had one for years but the
>onboard
>> >hardware decoder will not output HDTV. I believe the original thread
>focus
>> >was on HD & 4:2:2.
>>
>>
>> Right you are. I didn't read it so good I suppose. Still, it will work
>> the same as either of those in soft mode. :) 
>>
>> I know it is unrelated, but do you have any experience with the Fusion
>> 3? I'm thinking of grabbing one.
>
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:22:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:32 -0600, BoobTube <nomail@noway.no> wrote:

>
>what is the purpose of this place if not to gain information on free
>tv. How come you deny you do it ?

It is to discuss FTA DVB reception, where the boradcaster happens to
not use encryption to protect their signal. That is what Free TV
really means.

Now, the thievs like to call their stolen TV "free" for some reason
(amongst other euphemisms for theft), which theft will not be
discussed here.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:42:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:22:06 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:32 -0600, BoobTube <nomail@noway.no> wrote:
>
>>
>>what is the purpose of this place if not to gain information on free
>>tv. How come you deny you do it ?
>
>It is to discuss FTA DVB reception, where the boradcaster happens to
>not use encryption to protect their signal. That is what Free TV
>really means.
>
>Now, the thievs like to call their stolen TV "free" for some reason
>(amongst other euphemisms for theft), which theft will not be
>discussed here.


It is called free because of the cost.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:27:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

You have any links?

Executive
"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
news:spbl11tnsmch6ac88pt5p0a2evdbknao9p@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:50:59 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Whats Fusion 3?
>
>
> HDTV PCI card for OTA that can capture etc etc.
> You can put four or more in for true kickass PVR abilities.
>
> >
> >"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
> >news:ft75115em35jh3q32dkrp53kci2tbg4dhv@4ax.com...
> >> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:38:37 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >The Hauppauge Nexus-s is a great card I've had one for years but the
> >onboard
> >> >hardware decoder will not output HDTV. I believe the original thread
> >focus
> >> >was on HD & 4:2:2.
> >>
> >>
> >> Right you are. I didn't read it so good I suppose. Still, it will work
> >> the same as either of those in soft mode. :) 
> >>
> >> I know it is unrelated, but do you have any experience with the Fusion
> >> 3? I'm thinking of grabbing one.
> >
>
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:43:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:42:34 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:22:06 -0500, Gary J Tait
><classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:32 -0600, BoobTube <nomail@noway.no> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>what is the purpose of this place if not to gain information on free
>>>tv. How come you deny you do it ?
>>
>>It is to discuss FTA DVB reception, where the boradcaster happens to
>>not use encryption to protect their signal. That is what Free TV
>>really means.
>>
>>Now, the thievs like to call their stolen TV "free" for some reason
>>(amongst other euphemisms for theft), which theft will not be
>>discussed here.
>
>
>It is called free because of the cost.
>
Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
stealing.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:08:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

I drove past the Mall on my way home yesterday afternoon. The parking lot was full for
free cars there for the taking.


"Gary J Tait" <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:iv8p11pbktn6t3ic4k2v5q4l8el77jqpmk@4ax.com...
| On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:42:34 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:
|
| >On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:22:06 -0500, Gary J Tait
| ><classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
| >
| >>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:32 -0600, BoobTube <nomail@noway.no> wrote:
| >>

| >
| Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
| Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
| free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
| and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
| stealing.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:17:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:08:19 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>I drove past the Mall on my way home yesterday afternoon. The parking lot was full for
>free cars there for the taking.

Find any on your roof?

>
>
>"Gary J Tait" <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:iv8p11pbktn6t3ic4k2v5q4l8el77jqpmk@4ax.com...
>| On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:42:34 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:
>|
>| >On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:22:06 -0500, Gary J Tait
>| ><classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
>| >
>| >>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:32 -0600, BoobTube <nomail@noway.no> wrote:
>| >>
>
>| >
>| Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
>| Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
>| free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
>| and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
>| stealing.
>
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:19:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:43:33 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>>It is called free because of the cost.
>>


>Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
>Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
>free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
>and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
>stealing.


You are missing the point entirely. It is called "FREE TV" by the
thieves BECAUSE of the COST to THEM for the service.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:48:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

I am not missing the point. The thieves are rationalizing as Gary said.


"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
news:1aeq1157ktrrbt9ij0vc3abcuma9ifm2dd@4ax.com...
| On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:43:33 -0500, Gary J Tait
| <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
|
| >>It is called free because of the cost.
| >>
|
|
| >Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
| >Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
| >free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
| >and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
| >stealing.
|
|
| You are missing the point entirely. It is called "FREE TV" by the
| thieves BECAUSE of the COST to THEM for the service.
|
|
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:48:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:48:07 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>I am not missing the point. The thieves are rationalizing as Gary said.


You guys are killing me. No one is rationalizing anything. They are
attaching a practical name to something.
Hot TV sounds dumb. Stolen TV sounds stupid. Rip Off TV is reserved
for describing the providers, what else is left?
Given it is against the law, do you really expect people to come right
out and implicate themselves with a poorly chosen name?
I never liked 'testing'. I'm glad you guys have beat them people up so
bad they now use free tv like everyone else.

All the zealots, all the thieves and all the on the fence people know
what 'Free TV' is a euphemism for.

Funny thing about all this is neither of you have a problem with
people breaking the US and Canadian laws regarding 'GRAY market'
(LMFAO) subscriptions.


>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
>news:1aeq1157ktrrbt9ij0vc3abcuma9ifm2dd@4ax.com...
>| On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:43:33 -0500, Gary J Tait
>| <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
>|
>| >>It is called free because of the cost.
>| >>
>|
>|
>| >Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
>| >Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
>| >free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
>| >and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
>| >stealing.
>|
>|
>| You are missing the point entirely. It is called "FREE TV" by the
>| thieves BECAUSE of the COST to THEM for the service.
>|
>|
>
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 9:17:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Show me one time that I have ever said anything in defense of gray market.

The thieves are rationalizing. If they had any cajones at all they would not seek
politically correct terms for their activity. There is a difference between a service
being free and its being stolen. My analogy of the mall parking lot fits the
situation. Those cars are not free. To be free the person providing the service or the
property must will willing to give it away. Free is a two sided coin. For something to
be free there is a prerequisite that there is no charge for it.

Direct me to one US law or FCC regulation that prohibits gray market. I have looked
for one and I cannot find one. I do not know if it is legal or not. This is precisely
why I avoid discussions of gray market. You are LYFAO at your own imagination because
I have made not statements for or against gray market.

If they had any concerns about implicating themselves it would be to their advantage
not to discuss the activity in public.


"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
news:s3mq119tt8l61hr08va4u3577pk6ud7gmd@4ax.com...
| On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:48:07 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
|
| >I am not missing the point. The thieves are rationalizing as Gary said.
|
|
| You guys are killing me. No one is rationalizing anything. They are
| attaching a practical name to something.
| Hot TV sounds dumb. Stolen TV sounds stupid. Rip Off TV is reserved
| for describing the providers, what else is left?
| Given it is against the law, do you really expect people to come right
| out and implicate themselves with a poorly chosen name?
| I never liked 'testing'. I'm glad you guys have beat them people up so
| bad they now use free tv like everyone else.
|
| All the zealots, all the thieves and all the on the fence people know
| what 'Free TV' is a euphemism for.
|
| Funny thing about all this is neither of you have a problem with
| people breaking the US and Canadian laws regarding 'GRAY market'
| (LMFAO) subscriptions.
|
|
| >"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
| >news:1aeq1157ktrrbt9ij0vc3abcuma9ifm2dd@4ax.com...
| >| On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:43:33 -0500, Gary J Tait
| >| <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
| >|
| >| >>It is called free because of the cost.
| >| >>
| >|
| >|
| >| >Which is one of the theives excuses for stealing.
| >| >Cost has nothing to do with it. Only the provider decides if it is
| >| >free, and if the provider decides to charge a fee for their channel,
| >| >and you defeat the protections that protect that wish, you are
| >| >stealing.
| >|
| >|
| >| You are missing the point entirely. It is called "FREE TV" by the
| >| thieves BECAUSE of the COST to THEM for the service.
| >|
| >|
| >
|
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 11:58:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:44:11 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:48:07 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
>
>>I am not missing the point. The thieves are rationalizing as Gary said.
>
>
>You guys are killing me. No one is rationalizing anything. They are
>attaching a practical name to something.
>Hot TV sounds dumb. Stolen TV sounds stupid. Rip Off TV is reserved
>for describing the providers, what else is left?
>Given it is against the law, do you really expect people to come right
>out and implicate themselves with a poorly chosen name?
>I never liked 'testing'. I'm glad you guys have beat them people up so
>bad they now use free tv like everyone else.
>
>All the zealots, all the thieves and all the on the fence people know
>what 'Free TV' is a euphemism for.
>
>Funny thing about all this is neither of you have a problem with
>people breaking the US and Canadian laws regarding 'GRAY market'
>(LMFAO) subscriptions.
>

That is because, at least, the provider gets paid, unlike when you
steal, they don't.
I do, BTW, have a problem being ignorant as to why they simply cannot
openly have that choice (namely those that equate the Canadian
government with certain socialist or religious regimes that ban
satellite TV)..
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:51:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:58:28 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:


>>Funny thing about all this is neither of you have a problem with
>>people breaking the US and Canadian laws regarding 'GRAY market'
>>(LMFAO) subscriptions.
>>
>
>That is because, at least, the provider gets paid, unlike when you
>steal, they don't.


Ok.

>I do, BTW, have a problem being ignorant as to why they simply cannot
>openly have that choice (namely those that equate the Canadian
>government with certain socialist or religious regimes that ban
>satellite TV)..

I don't understand either. I wonder why Canada allows it citizens
unfiltered internet. What will happen when all TV comes over it?
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:38:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:51:31 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:58:28 -0500, Gary J Tait
><classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>>>Funny thing about all this is neither of you have a problem with
>>>people breaking the US and Canadian laws regarding 'GRAY market'
>>>(LMFAO) subscriptions.
>>>
>>
>>That is because, at least, the provider gets paid, unlike when you
>>steal, they don't.
>
>
>Ok.
>
>>I do, BTW, have a problem being ignorant as to why they simply cannot
>>openly have that choice (namely those that equate the Canadian
>>government with certain socialist or religious regimes that ban
>>satellite TV)..
>
>I don't understand either. I wonder why Canada allows it citizens
>unfiltered internet. What will happen when all TV comes over it?
>


Go to www.sho.com and see what happens when a Canadian tries to get US
content over the net.
!