T610 - keypad lag ?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a T610, but I'm a bit concerned about the
keypad lag that is present on other SonyEricsson's (eg. my brother's
T230). Does the T610 have similar problems or is it OK.
Also, are the buttons easy to use (especially for SMS) and does anyone
have anything else to say about the T610 ?

Thanks,

Eddy B
e.blaxell @ membersstand . net
www.membersstand.net
9 answers Last reply
More about t610 keypad

    It's the same more or less.

    But it's a really nice phone for a lot of other reasons which outweigh
    that for me.

    steve
    UnesentReply432ru8298r2b@earthunit.net

    In article <ouuHd.124878$K7.94055@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
    mentalalien <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking about getting a T610, but I'm a bit concerned about the
    > keypad lag that is present on other SonyEricsson's (eg. my brother's
    > T230). Does the T610 have similar problems or is it OK.
    > Also, are the buttons easy to use (especially for SMS) and does anyone
    > have anything else to say about the T610 ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eddy B
    > e.blaxell @ membersstand . net
    > www.membersstand.net

    Thus spake mentalalien:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking about getting a T610, but I'm a bit concerned about the
    > keypad lag that is present on other SonyEricsson's (eg. my brother's
    > T230). Does the T610 have similar problems or is it OK.
    > Also, are the buttons easy to use (especially for SMS) and does anyone
    > have anything else to say about the T610 ?

    Yes, it is quite a nice phone but I was glad to sell it on to a friend when
    I upgraded to a K700i. I got mine in Sept 04 & was initially very pleased
    with it. I was less than impressed with its RF performance & got pretty
    cheesed off with seeing No Network in marginal reception conditions where
    other phones on the same network worked fine. The screen is almost
    impossible to read outside in daylight & it has about the worse camera out
    there.

    The user interface is very good indeed IMO, I like its size & it feels like
    a quality phone & looks the part. The K700i is based on it & has very good
    RF performance coupled with excellent audio quality.

    The T630 has better RF & display with a slightly better camera, if not as
    good as the K700i in all these areas. What I can't comment on is whether or
    not the T610 has been improved since mine. The buttons are fairly small but
    only causes problems with users who have large fingers, those on both the
    T630 & K700 are bigger but without any horizontal spaces between them & are
    not to everyone's taste. I would recommend the T630 over the T610. I got
    about 3 days standby before recharging on average - probably no worse than
    most small phones with such large displays. If tempted, try one in a shop
    1st.

    --
    Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
    gives some feedback!

    I'd vote for the T630.
    The display is much better than that of the 610,
    and the keyboard so far is the best in the series.
    I owned a 630, and only bought a K700i because of
    the increased memory and slightly updated software.

    IMHO the form factor, housing and keyboard
    of the T630 are the best of the three,
    at least much better than the K700i.

    If only they had made the T630 with the K700i features...

    BTW: Even the faster K700i has minor lags while in the menus.
    This seems to be a general design flaw,
    but isn't too annoying so far.

    Raymond

    "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Thus spake mentalalien:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm thinking about getting a T610, but I'm a bit concerned about
    the
    > > keypad lag that is present on other SonyEricsson's (eg. my
    brother's
    > > T230). Does the T610 have similar problems or is it OK.
    > > Also, are the buttons easy to use (especially for SMS) and does
    anyone
    > > have anything else to say about the T610 ?
    >
    > Yes, it is quite a nice phone but I was glad to sell it on to a
    friend when
    > I upgraded to a K700i. I got mine in Sept 04 & was initially very
    pleased
    > with it. I was less than impressed with its RF performance & got
    pretty
    > cheesed off with seeing No Network in marginal reception conditions
    where
    > other phones on the same network worked fine. The screen is almost
    > impossible to read outside in daylight & it has about the worse
    camera out
    > there.
    >
    > The user interface is very good indeed IMO, I like its size & it
    feels like
    > a quality phone & looks the part. The K700i is based on it & has very
    good
    > RF performance coupled with excellent audio quality.
    >
    > The T630 has better RF & display with a slightly better camera, if
    not as
    > good as the K700i in all these areas. What I can't comment on is
    whether or
    > not the T610 has been improved since mine. The buttons are fairly
    small but
    > only causes problems with users who have large fingers, those on both
    the
    > T630 & K700 are bigger but without any horizontal spaces between them
    & are
    > not to everyone's taste. I would recommend the T630 over the T610. I
    got
    > about 3 days standby before recharging on average - probably no worse
    than
    > most small phones with such large displays. If tempted, try one in a
    shop
    > 1st.
    >

    > --
    > Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
    > gives some feedback!

    > I'd vote for the T630.
    > The display is much better than that of the 610,
    > and the keyboard so far is the best in the series.
    > I owned a 630, and only bought a K700i because of
    > the increased memory and slightly updated software.

    i agree; the 630 is solid made like a brick

    Thus spake Paul Busby:
    > Yes, it is quite a nice phone but I was glad to sell it on to a
    > friend when I upgraded to a K700i. I got mine in Sept 04 & was
    > initially very pleased with it.

    That should have been Sept 2003, hence my comment regarding SE may have
    improved it since. The other posters give the T630 a vote of confidence - my
    comments were not based on experience but what others had said over a period
    of time.

    --
    Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
    gives some feedback!

    Thus spake mjolnir:
    >> I'd vote for the T630.
    >> The display is much better than that of the 610,
    >> and the keyboard so far is the best in the series.
    >> I owned a 630, and only bought a K700i because of
    >> the increased memory and slightly updated software.
    >
    > i agree; the 630 is solid made like a brick

    The later versions of the firmware are reported to improve menu speed &
    remove the delay before being able to answer a call when a picture is
    associated with the caller.

    --
    Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
    gives some feedback!

    Thanks for the replies guys. Sadly the T630 is not an option as the
    reason I'm looking at the T610 is that it's available for AUD200 (RRP
    was about 700 when it first came out).
    Is the keypad lag really as bad as the T230?
    These are the other phones in the price range available from Virgin (who
    I'm currently with). How would the T610 compare with them?
    Nokia 3200
    Nokia 6610
    LG C1100

    Thanks for the replies

    The T610 is a real tough phone, a car ran over mine and it (the phone) shot
    up into the air and hit a wall and the only damage was a bent battery cover.
    I recased it (easily done) and went out and bought a second hand T610 for
    £50 that I again recased and if anything does happen to my normal use phone
    I have a replacement to hand already set up with phone book, themes and
    wallpaper.
    IMO Nokias are very poorly made I had a 7620 (I think) and dropped it and it
    smashed to about ten different piece's also had a 6600 that spent more time
    with orange than it did being used by me, the LG I can not comment on 'cos I
    have had no experience with them.
    --

    DaveT

    DaveT wrote:
    > The T610 is a real tough phone, a car ran over mine and it (the phone) shot
    > up into the air and hit a wall and the only damage was a bent battery cover.

    Great! That's just the sort of thing I need

Ericsson Lag Brother