  • Desktops
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
April 23, 2004 7:06:17 PM

I have a MN700 router with a MN-730 and MN-710 adapter in
a desktop and notebook. The problem is that the notebook
works great, fast downloads and file transfer. The
desktop with the mn-730 runs very poorly, slow, dropping
downloads in the middle and slow file tranfers.
I have the latest firmware and software updates, WIN-XP
patches etc. I've compared adapter settings between the
notebook and desktop and they are the same. Any ideas?

More about : slow connection 700 730

April 24, 2004 1:30:38 PM

I just went through the same sort of problem, except in my case I couldn't
connect to the base station with one of the other 2 computers. I ended up
contacting Microsoft support (which is free within US Canada) and they
helped me out.

You should go into the base station management and then under the wireless
section you are going to change the "CHANNEL" to a different number. I
ended up using channel 11 to get all 3 of them working with a decent signal.
Now don't forget that "WHAT YOU CHANGE ON THE BASE STATION YOU MUST ALSO
CHANGE ON ALL OTHER COMPUTERS AS WELL". So you will need to make sure that
you change the channel on the other computer and on the notebook.

You may end up having to go thought all 11 channels to find which is best
for you. (it took 5 different channels before I found the best results on
channel 11 which in my case ended up giving me these results. Base =100, 1st
comp = 54, 2nd comp = 42

Hope this helps you out

!