Sign in with
Your question

Help Windows 8 is Stuffing up and Restarting

Last response: in Windows 8
February 12, 2013 8:39:42 AM

Hello, i have had Widows 8 since christmas and now when i go to download a game adnd sometimes randomly happens when playing or downloading something it say" your computer has run into a problem" in a blue screen and restarts and then i loose my hold download and have to start over!! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fou: 
a b * Windows 8
February 12, 2013 9:16:36 AM

You are going to need to provide more information. Can you recreate the conditions that cause the blue screen consistantly (does it always happen when you do ...)?

Did you recently add hardware or install an updated driver? What software was recently installed (right before you start experiancing the issue)?
m
l
February 12, 2013 9:20:35 AM

It would seem you have a driver issue or possibly a hardware issue (stating the obvious). You can start troubleshooting this by by downloading a debug program such as "bluescreenview" by Nirsoft. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html Or "whocrashed" by Resplendence. http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

These will help you to identify the offending driver or memory location.

You may find "whocrashed" to be easier to use and more informative.
m
l
Related resources
February 12, 2013 6:43:17 PM

it says driver_ iqrl_not_less_or_equal. i did instal a driver but i cant find it to uninstall it???? please help i have AMD Raedon Graphics :(  i installed the latest driver for AMD and no i cant find it...
m
l
a b * Windows 8
February 12, 2013 8:56:08 PM

Go to the Start - type "Device Manager" - Click settings to switch that search set - click device manager to open it.

Find the hardware category then device that matches the driver you installed. Right click on the device and select uninstall.

On the uninstall page check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device" to prevent the same driver being reinstalled automatically.

Go back to device manager and right click your computer and select Scan for Hardware Changes. If I finds a driver accept it (it should be a windows default driver). If it doesn't find a driver windows will attempt to find a driver from Windows Update. You can also try to find the driver from the hardware vendor.

NOTE: if this is your network card driver make sure you get an updated driver from the hardware or motherboard or PC manufacturer first.
m
l
February 13, 2013 3:19:36 AM

kyllien said:
Go to the Start - type "Device Manager" - Click settings to switch that search set - click device manager to open it.

Find the hardware category then device that matches the driver you installed. Right click on the device and select uninstall.

On the uninstall page check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device" to prevent the same driver being reinstalled automatically.

Go back to device manager and right click your computer and select Scan for Hardware Changes. If I finds a driver accept it (it should be a windows default driver). If it doesn't find a driver windows will attempt to find a driver from Windows Update. You can also try to find the driver from the hardware vendor.

NOTE: if this is your network card driver make sure you get an updated driver from the hardware or motherboard or PC manufacturer first.

Hey i have windows 8 there is no start bar and i looked anywys i cant find"device manager"
m
l
February 13, 2013 3:23:12 AM

i just found a program in uninstal would it be AMD Catalyst Install manager do i completely uninstall that i cant tell if it's important or not??
m
l
February 13, 2013 7:34:43 AM

press the windows key and start typing device manager...
m
l
!