My emanchine was shut off during restoring to factory

kathy 1970

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
my emanchine was shut off when i was restoreing it back to factory and now it said i need a recovering disk for it and i don`t have one

Do you mean restoring the Operating System? (not the BIOS settings)

You have two choices:
1) contact the company and obtain the recovery CD's so you can restore, or
2) buy your own copy of Windows 7 64bit OEM ($100) and install it. (unless W7x64 is not compatible with the drivers at the support site. Windows 7 64bit works with drivers written for it, and often Vista 64-bit as well, but NOT XP and NOT 32-bit versions of any OS.)

In either case you will need to reinstall the drivers which you will likely need to get from the support site for your computer.

I suppose it's possible that some drivers would be updated via Microsoft Updates but I just don't know.

OP should have a valid license. They could borrow a friends Win7 install disc, use that and then enter their own license.
Or download and burn a Win7 .iso, burn a DVD and use that to re-install, again entering the valid license.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Problem with emachines is that the factory restore is "IN WINDOWS". I'm not sure what you can do here. Your key should be on the tower, you may need to download or barrow a copy of the "SAME" os and use your key when prompted. There are also recovery options on a Windows 7 Disc as well, but it may be complicated to use them. If it don't activate call them and tell let them know what happened, they are pretty good that way, Micro$oft i mean. Worst case, call emachines...but good luck with that.