I have seen the light! Hallelujah!

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I ditched the SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Platinum in favor of the Game Theatre XP. With the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1's all I can say is ahhhhhhhhhhh.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
And there was great singing and dancing and drinking of fine wines. All rejoiced and said Hallelujah. Welcome to the fan club=)

P.S. If you play Sof2, install the Open AL executable on the install cd to get awsome EAX sound on the GTXP. Raven decided to play at being a creative fanboy. Regardless, it still sounds better on the gtxp-P

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I haven't picked up Soldier of Fortune II yet but from what I heard it's pretty awesome.

When comparing the SB Live! 5.1 and the GTXP I have come up with a few observations. I think when playing music the SB Live! is pretty decent. The GTXP brings out the highs a bit better and they are a bit less tinny. For games, however, the positioning is really tremendous. It really brings you into the game a whole lot more. Furthermore, the sound effects are a lot more realistic. At first I was disappointed because the change was so drastic. But after playing MOHAA after a while, I discovered that the subtle little sounds like footsteps come through much more clearly and realistically. I wasn't used to that with the SB Live!
I'll be trying out other games, but so far I am very happy with the GTXP.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.