Opinion about the Pinnacle PCTV SAT

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
April 25, 2005 2:12:01 PM

Hi,

I would like to know your opinion about the above DVB-S card that I want to
buy mainly for broadband internet. I am favouring this one because it has
RCA video and audio connectors for digitizing analogue video. Is there any
other better product but with analogue digitizing features ?

Regards.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:12:02 PM

Wiseman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know your opinion about the above DVB-S card that I want to
> buy mainly for broadband internet. I am favouring this one because it has
> RCA video and audio connectors for digitizing analogue video. Is there any
> other better product but with analogue digitizing features ?
>
> Regards.

Broadband internet issue aside, I've been using an ATI All-In-Wonder
card for digitalizing my old analog video tapes. I've done both VHS and
8mm.

Works well, with one exception. When the video tape is a second or
third generation there's excessive picture breakup, making the recording
unusable.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
With all of our running and all of our cunning
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.

Jimmy Buffett
!