Second LNBF on dish?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
May 4, 2005 11:45:32 AM

I've got a 24" dish with linear LNBF pointed at IA-5 (Telstar 5). I'd like
to hang another DSS LNBF on the arm to pick up Dishnetwork at the 110 slot.
It is 13 degrees from the IA-5. Am I correct that I hang it 13 offset from
the centerline of the dish? Will this work?

More about : lnbf dish

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 3:01:09 AM

John wrote:
> I've got a 24" dish with linear LNBF pointed at IA-5 (Telstar 5). I'd like
> to hang another DSS LNBF on the arm to pick up Dishnetwork at the 110 slot.
> It is 13 degrees from the IA-5. Am I correct that I hang it 13 offset from
> the centerline of the dish? Will this work?

More or less, yes. Remember that the dish is a mirror, so the DSS LNBF goes
east of the FSS one. You may need to experiment for the best placement.
!