Is this what is making my internet slow?

N11Ckk123472

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Idk the exact name of my router but it is fairly new. I just built a gaming pc and I get the most uneven connection ever. At times I get around 15-20 mbs but most of the time I'd be lucky to get one. My router/modem is in my basement and there is a desktop in the room next to me which gets a perfect connection, so I know its not the distance or anything.

Could it be because of the fact that I have A LOT of stuff connected to my router wireles?
Xbox 360 (not wireless)
Mom's laptop
dad's laptop
sister's laptop
family desktop
mom's tablet
2 iPhones
My desktop
Magic Jack

I use a wireless pcie card, which has good reviews, and I've updated every driver for my pc, done all of the "Tricks" i've seen on youtube, and still nothing.

Any ideas?

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I am stunned you have built your own PC yet don't know the make of your router however that seems to be a non-issues in the first place. As a first step please switch off or remove any wireless devices near your PC - this includes Cordless house phones and mobile/cell phones. See if that helps

N11Ckk123472

Honorable
May 13, 2012
K I'll do that, thanks for the tip. And I don't know anything about networking cause i still live at home (17 years old) and I've never had any problems with our network so i never bothered to care to learn about its interworkings and such. I still don't know much about computers I was just lucky enough to get a job early in life to fund a gaming pc.