T68i unable to make or receive calls

When I try to make a call on my T68i the phone attempts to connect,
then seems to cancel the call - i.e. it returns to the default screen.
Incoming calls are directed straight to the answering service. This
doesn't happen 100% of the time, but probably 95%.

When attempting a call the reception is usually medium to high
strength, but when attempting a call it often dips to low just before
terminating.

I've tried this in areas of various different signal strengths and
usually get the same result. In fact I've got another T68i which I'm
trying side-by-side in the same location and it has no problems with
reception. I've also tried swapping SIM cards, but I get the same
problem with the phone, so it appears to be a problem with the phone
rather than the SIM. It's an Orange account.

Does anyone recognise these symptoms?

TIA for any help.
Ian
3 answers Last reply
More about t68i unable make receive calls

    Might be worth restoring system settings - sounds like something hae
    crashed?

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:19:38 GMT, ITM <itm@nospam.com> wrote:

    >When I try to make a call on my T68i the phone attempts to connect,
    >then seems to cancel the call - i.e. it returns to the default screen.
    >Incoming calls are directed straight to the answering service. This
    >doesn't happen 100% of the time, but probably 95%.
    >
    >When attempting a call the reception is usually medium to high
    >strength, but when attempting a call it often dips to low just before
    >terminating.
    >
    >I've tried this in areas of various different signal strengths and
    >usually get the same result. In fact I've got another T68i which I'm
    >trying side-by-side in the same location and it has no problems with
    >reception. I've also tried swapping SIM cards, but I get the same
    >problem with the phone, so it appears to be a problem with the phone
    >rather than the SIM. It's an Orange account.
    >
    >Does anyone recognise these symptoms?
    >
    >TIA for any help.
    >Ian

    I had exactly the same problem! Nothing seemed to work to make it
    function again, so I threw it in a river.

    Then someone told me I should have checked the battery.... oh well.

    I'm not sure if you want to hear this, but....I tried a different
    battery and it seems to have resolved the problem.

    Thanks so much for the idea - I would never have thought of it!

    Ian

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:05:01 -0700, Slim <slim.pickens@big.bucks.com>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:19:38 GMT, ITM <itm@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>When I try to make a call on my T68i the phone attempts to connect,
    >>then seems to cancel the call - i.e. it returns to the default screen.
    >>Incoming calls are directed straight to the answering service. This
    >>doesn't happen 100% of the time, but probably 95%.
    >>
    >>When attempting a call the reception is usually medium to high
    >>strength, but when attempting a call it often dips to low just before
    >>terminating.
    >>
    >>I've tried this in areas of various different signal strengths and
    >>usually get the same result. In fact I've got another T68i which I'm
    >>trying side-by-side in the same location and it has no problems with
    >>reception. I've also tried swapping SIM cards, but I get the same
    >>problem with the phone, so it appears to be a problem with the phone
    >>rather than the SIM. It's an Orange account.
    >>
    >>Does anyone recognise these symptoms?
    >>
    >>TIA for any help.
    >>Ian
    >
    >I had exactly the same problem! Nothing seemed to work to make it
    >function again, so I threw it in a river.
    >

    >Then someone told me I should have checked the battery.... oh well.

Ericsson