Guys, Help me please.

tigidig2x

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012
Guys, i dont know if im posting this in the right section but please bear with me.

I have a problem guys that my connection is going off and on for just like a couple of seconds but that not all the time. sometimes it occurs for about 4 minutes of using, then stable again after another set of minutes, the connection goes like slowing up to no internet connection and then goes up again in a stable manner and that would is so fast that it would happen for like 2-3 seconds only. As a result, my internet connection for me, goes slower just like streaming videos the buff would stop and run again and playing online games sometimes i experience lag spikes for seconds and then stable again, and also browsing websites sometimes browsing a page would take minutes and then becomes stable again. Sometimes i test cmd > ping google.com -t is i see sometimes request time out then a couple of replies then request timeout again.

Guys i want to ask, do you know a software that could monitor my internet speed and monitor if the internet had been down and then it would just save a note there that for example in this particular time i had no internet connection so i could monitor it and show it to my provider. Or else, you could help me fixing my own problem. Thanks guys so much.

How 'bout some details. We don't know if you're connected directly to a modem, or using a router, wired or wireless, make and model of equipment, is this a recent problem but worked fine before, did you make any hardware/service changes lately, etc. All we know is it's unstable, that's it. Not much to go on.

tigidig2x

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2012

It is a router/modem providedd by our isp and it is connected to our computer using UTP cable. This is just a new problem and it isnt like this before like 1 month ago. sorry for the less info.

First thing I would do is try a different ethernet cable.

Is this a problem only w/ that one computer? Are other computers ok?

If it's only that one computer, it could be a failing ethernet port (rather rare, but does happen from time to time).

If all else fails, ask the ISP for a replacement modem+router.

TRENDING THREADS