Nimiq polarities

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
July 3, 2005 3:34:24 PM

Are the Nimiq satellites polarized linear or circular? Thanks

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA
--
I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.

-Adam Savage, Mythbuster

More about : nimiq polarities

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 10:41:11 PM

Circular
"Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> Are the Nimiq satellites polarized linear or circular? Thanks
>
> Take care,
> Rich
>
> God bless the USA
> --
> I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.
>
> -Adam Savage, Mythbuster
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 4:10:59 PM

Rich Piehl wrote:
> Are the Nimiq satellites polarized linear or circular? Thanks
>
> Take care,
> Rich
>
> God bless the USA

You can look up most any satellite at www.lyngsat.com.
Then find the transponder you're interested in and see if it
says "R" or "L" vs. "H" or "V" for polarity. R/L is circular,
and H/V is linear.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:18:31 PM

Rich Piehl <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in

> Are the Nimiq satellites polarized linear or circular? Thanks
>
> Take care,
> Rich
>
> God bless the USA

Circular DBS band.