Do i have to reset Wireless router after rebooting operating system?

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hey community,

I might have to reboot my operating system, I have a Cisco wireless router, so I have to reset it, and set it up again after i reboot my operating system?

Solution
Nothing you do on the computer will change the router. You don't even need the connect software to access it really. If you want to use it, will need to re-install it on the computer after you re-install Windows.
If routers worked that way, people would go crazy resetting their routers. Think about a company with 1,000 computers, each of them may be rebooting in any given minute. They would have pretty much 0 internet connections if they had to restart the router each time a PC rebooted.

The router runs on it's own system, the only time it's linked to the PC is though the network connection which can be broken and setup at the computer at any time without the need to reboot the router.

Let's straighten something out here, when you say "reboot" what do you mean? Reboot is just turning off the PC and back on again. Are you saying "reboot" when you actually mean "RE-INSTALL" or "RE-IMAGE"?

If the latter, then yes you need to re-install Cisco Connect along with all your other software. But the Router settings will still be the same in the Router.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Sorry about that. I mean "reinstall" operating system. So after "reinstall" the operating system, i install cisco connect, will the router resets? Or i have to reset the router first then install cisco connect?

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for all you guys help. Now I know what to do.