Display Glitches GeF4 Ti 4200

BlokWk

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002
I have just installed the new AOpen Aeolus GeForce4 Ti 4200 card. It came with AOpen/nVidia Drivers at version 29.42 level. I uninstalled my GeForce2 GTS Pro after setting standard VGA adapter under Win98SE. Put the new card in, fired it up, had it come up as standard VGA and then loaded the AOpen Drivers. All came up OK, set to 1024x768, 32bit at 70Hz. Ran 3dMark2001SE fine, and Medal of Hon. and RTCWolfenstein flawlessly... Problem was that the Windows desktop started freezing up regularly (every 5-10 mins). Reloaded Drivers.. same deal... Reformatted HDD and reloaded Win98SE... same deal.... Reformatted and loaded WinMe... same deal... Reformatted, loaded 98SE and used nVidia Reference drivers 28.32... same deal... Reformatted and went back another version of the nVidia Drivers but they wont recognise the GeForce 4 Chipset and won't install.

Need Help... Running MSI K7T266 Pro, Athlon 1.4GHz, 256MB PC2100DDR Primary HDD/DVD on IDE0/1 SecondaryHDD/CDRW on IDE 2/3, 100Mb/s PCI Ethernet (Shares IRQ10 with onboard Sound but was the same and stable before video card upgrade). I am out of clues as to how to make things work in the desktop without falling over. Games performance etc indicates card is running fine.. seems to be a windows desktop issue only.
Blok

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Hmm that's strange. First I would check out the Microsoft support site. Probability suggests that it is a Windows problem.

Another suggestion would be to download Via's 4 in 1 drivers. They might clear up your problems, probably not, but it's worth trying if nothing else works.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!