  • Google Search
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
July 23, 2005 6:12:18 PM

I am replacing my existing 1 meter dish with a Winegard 3100 1 meter dish.
I hav a stock SG 2100 HH mover. I looked at options for mating the two.
Doing a Google search, I found on DVB resource page one install where the
user drilled some additional holes in the SG 2100, filled them with some
hydraulic cement and then mounted the Winegard. The comment was that the
SG2100's cast aluminum neck is too soft to withstand the Winegard 1 meter
dish. The specs show a 24 lb weight limit on the SG 2100 and the Winegard
is 22 lbs. Anyone have any other optional installs or options for this
pair? Is the hydraulic cement really needed?

Here is the link to the forementioned install:

http://www.dvbresource.com/new_hot/wingard_sg2100/wineg...

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Skip

More about : winegard meter dish 2100

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:13:03 AM

If you already have the SG2100, then follow the advice on that link.
If you don't have a motor, I would recommend the STAB HH120 motor. Do
a search on google for specs and suppliers of this motor.
July 30, 2005 4:04:18 AM

Hello all, I got the system up and going using my existing SG 2100 and the
Winegard 3100. Working on the acutal arc alignment . Does anyone have a
link as to aligning the far east and west birds? Whether to adjust
declination or elevation to properly align things?

TIA

Skip

!