Behringer DEQ2496 crashes

Last response: in Home Audio
August 27, 2005 6:07:16 PM

Since it is in the rack buried in the bus, I don't have the unit in
front of me and I don't exactly remember the error message (something
about an exception) but this previously flawless unit started crashing
at the last gig. It's running off a Furman AR1215 so I can't imagine
it's a voltage issue. Any ideas or experience with something like this?

T very much IA
Edwin
--
http://www.theetherealplane.com
Anonymous

"Edwin Hurwitz" <edwin@TAKEMEOUTindra.com> wrote in message
> Since it is in the rack buried in the bus, I don't have
> the unit in front of me and I don't exactly remember the
> error message (something about an exception) but this
> previously flawless unit started crashing at the last
> gig. It's running off a Furman AR1215 so I can't imagine
> it's a voltage issue. Any ideas or experience with
> something like this?

Seems like the first two things to measure in actual use are
actual line voltage and temperature.

Many problems like this get worse as time wears on, so
you'll probably be able to make it fail in your testing.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 9:50:35 PM

In article <6PadnRoBbJ3PTo3eRVn-3Q@comcast.com>,
"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

> "Edwin Hurwitz" <edwin@TAKEMEOUTindra.com> wrote in message
> > Since it is in the rack buried in the bus, I don't have
> > the unit in front of me and I don't exactly remember the
> > error message (something about an exception) but this
> > previously flawless unit started crashing at the last
> > gig. It's running off a Furman AR1215 so I can't imagine
> > it's a voltage issue. Any ideas or experience with
> > something like this?
>
> Seems like the first two things to measure in actual use are
> actual line voltage and temperature.

Well, according to Furman, if the input voltage is within 90-130 volts
or so, the output of the AR1215 is 120V. According to the meter on the
AR1215, the voltage was steady well within the acceptable limits.

Temperature was standard bar temperature (80F ?). Certainly not crazy
hot and definitely not cold.

Both parameters were very similar to every other time it has been used.

> Many problems like this get worse as time wears on, so
> you'll probably be able to make it fail in your testing.

Thanks for replying!

Edwin
--
http://www.theetherealplane.com