schematic for power supply of pansat 2500a

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
August 2, 2005 8:31:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

anybody know where I can get a schematic for the power PCB for
a pansat 2500a? EMP from a nearby lightning strike caused a
problem. receiver won't power up, I am checking the SMPS PCB,
no visible damage, have 165 VDC to the mosfet drain but the heat
sink gets too hot, and mosfet apparently is not working because
there is no secondary DC voltage going to the main board. T1
coils test good in circuit. warranty does not cover lightning
strikes. pulled C5 and tests OK. haven't pulled any other
components. have checked a lot of caps and diodes in circuit
and nothing stands out.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 10, 2005 12:02:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

Send it back to Pansat. Thay will put a naw board in for $50.00
"Thirsty" <rose122550@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> anybody know where I can get a schematic for the power PCB for
> a pansat 2500a? EMP from a nearby lightning strike caused a
> problem. receiver won't power up, I am checking the SMPS PCB,
> no visible damage, have 165 VDC to the mosfet drain but the heat
> sink gets too hot, and mosfet apparently is not working because
> there is no secondary DC voltage going to the main board. T1
> coils test good in circuit. warranty does not cover lightning
> strikes. pulled C5 and tests OK. haven't pulled any other
> components. have checked a lot of caps and diodes in circuit
> and nothing stands out.

August 10, 2005 5:29:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

I prefer to repair myself, am still looking for schematic.

IM4AQT wrote:
> Send it back to Pansat. Thay will put a naw board in for $50.00
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2005 3:21:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

Same here.I'm looking for the schematic for the 2100a
>I prefer to repair myself, am still looking for schematic.
>
> IM4AQT wrote:
>> Send it back to Pansat. Thay will put a naw board in for $50.00

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2005 5:08:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

shouldn't need a schematic to fix a pwr supply board. probe around until
you find a shorted diode or transistor and replace it. there is not much
else in them.

"Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Same here.I'm looking for the schematic for the 2100a
> "Thirsty" <rose122550@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I prefer to repair myself, am still looking for schematic.
> >
> > IM4AQT wrote:
> >> Send it back to Pansat. Thay will put a naw board in for $50.00

April 23, 2006 2:08:09 AM

I have the same problem, any word on resolution to this?
!