Sign in with
Your question

Motorola not giving internet????

Last response: in Networking
July 6, 2012 3:41:54 PM

my motorola SBV4200 has the coax hooked up, power hooked up, and a internet cord running from it.... but the only thing lighting up is power,receive, and send.... why am i not getting internet... i thought it might be the cable so i followed it all the way to the cable box and its all hooked up good and i payed my damn bill...i have cable tv and internet package and the tv cable is working??????
July 6, 2012 4:29:08 PM

Any other equipment hooked up to the modem other than the pc? If so, turn all of the off - unplug the power. Plug the modem back in and wait for it to boot. Then turn on the router, if you have one, wait for it to boot and then turn on the PC.
If this fails to work, contact your ISP.
July 6, 2012 4:32:31 PM

based on the lights that are lit the modem is communicating to the internet; however, it seems you do not have connection between the computer and the modem.

check the network cable.

did you call tech support they might be able to help you remotely
July 6, 2012 7:28:02 PM

well i guess i feel retarded right now cause i just unpluged it and pulg it back it and it works fine now...i think the problem was i was unlpuging everything before and plugging it all back in and i was also not being patient with it i just had to let it reboot completly....thanx guys
!