Vodaphone GPRS and SE910

Last response: in Brands
February 10, 2005 7:16:42 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my SE910 to connect the laptop to the internet via
a bluetooth connection.

I have no trouble getting the basic connection up and running, but I
cannot browse to anything or ping anything. It is as if I'm missing
some DNS server names or something. Does anyone know what settings I
should have for Vodaphone GPRS in the UK?

Thanks

Chris

More about : vodaphone gprs se910

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 8:50:32 PM

I am having the same problem, Voda blame SE.
I get the laptop and the p910 to connect to the internet then all stops.

I had no problem with my old p900.
Voda say that it can not be done.

"Chris Gadsby" <chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up my SE910 to connect the laptop to the internet via a
> bluetooth connection.
>
> I have no trouble getting the basic connection up and running, but I
> cannot browse to anything or ping anything. It is as if I'm missing some
> DNS server names or something. Does anyone know what settings I should
> have for Vodaphone GPRS in the UK?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

February 10, 2005 11:44:39 PM

There are often THREE apn's to consider.

One for MMS
One for GPRS wap
and one for GPRS internet

Its because (Im told) telcos often charge different rates for each - so
have to stop one being used for the other.

With O2 the apns for example I have seen are

mms.o2.co.uk
wap.o2.co.uk
mobile.o2.co.uk
and even
payandgo.o2.co.uk

Might be you are trying to connect thru the wrong portal?

!