Iomega malfunction and support help

mehilde

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hello, I have an iomega home wireless network drive. It has worked fine for 2 years. Yesterday my folders were present but no files within the folders. I went from about 400 GB of work data and media files to 0 files. Status shows 947 GB capacity and 947 GB of free space. Iomega said sorry you are out of warranty and suggested user forums. I'll never use their products again but I need to recover part of the data.

colinod

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012

I am having exactly the same problem, did you fid a fix for this or have i lost my data??

Even if the device is in warranty, it will not cover recovering your data due to a drive failure, only to replace it.

Since it's out of warranty, and you don't care if this thing works as network device again, open up the case, take out the hard-drive. Mount the drive as a secondary in a computer, see if it will see anything. Keep note of any odd noises the thing makes. If this works, you have your data back. If it sees the drive but lists it as empty, try using "Deskdisk" to restore the partition. If that fails, try "Easus" data recovery software to scan the drive to find stuff.