Solved

Problem installing windows 7 on a brand new build?

ok here the thing i put the dvd in the drive it loads everything seems to of gone fine untill i get to a part where it says "Expanding windows files" after a bit of a wait a message pops up saying windows cannot install required files make sure all files are available and restart windows.

This is my first time building a pc so i could of made a mistake however i don't think so because it seems to detect all the hardware
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem installing windows brand build
  1. Best answer
    you might have a bad disc, try reburning the dvd....
  2. mjz said:
    ok here the thing i put the dvd in the drive it loads everything seems to of gone fine untill i get to a part where it says "Expanding windows files" after a bit of a wait a message pops up saying windows cannot install required files make sure all files are available and restart windows.

This is my first time building a pc so i could of made a mistake however i don't think so because it seems to detect all the hardware

yeah i have the exact same problem with mine... try burning at a lower speed, maybe enev 1x, or you can extract the iso (or copy the disc) to an external hard drive or flash drive, then boot into it with ur copmuter
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 New Build