Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problem installing windows 7 on a brand new build?

Last response: in Windows 7
June 3, 2009 10:16:58 PM

ok here the thing i put the dvd in the drive it loads everything seems to of gone fine untill i get to a part where it says "Expanding windows files" after a bit of a wait a message pops up saying windows cannot install required files make sure all files are available and restart windows.

This is my first time building a pc so i could of made a mistake however i don't think so because it seems to detect all the hardware

Best solution

June 3, 2009 10:41:25 PM

you might have a bad disc, try reburning the dvd....
June 3, 2009 11:06:00 PM

mjz said:
ok here the thing i put the dvd in the drive it loads everything seems to of gone fine untill i get to a part where it says "Expanding windows files" after a bit of a wait a message pops up saying windows cannot install required files make sure all files are available and restart windows.

This is my first time building a pc so i could of made a mistake however i don't think so because it seems to detect all the hardware

yeah i have the exact same problem with mine... try burning at a lower speed, maybe enev 1x, or you can extract the iso (or copy the disc) to an external hard drive or flash drive, then boot into it with ur copmuter
m
l
!