Tags:
  • Computers
  • Core Temp
  • CPUs
  • Windows 8
Last response: in Windows 8
April 11, 2012 8:59:17 PM

Folks,
Be aware that me and the folks over at Win8 forum have found that CPU-Z from the CPUID site (latest version) will freeze most people's computers when it tries to run. That goes for HWMonitor, AIDA64 (the new Everest) and someone said 3DMark 2011. Several different CPU and mobo combos so not just one flavor. I have notified the CPUID folks but as of yet, no reply. In the meantime, just say no.
PS core temp works OK as does Prime-95 so a good way of testing...

More about : cpu hwmonitor freezes win8

a c 206 à CPUs
a b * Windows 8
April 11, 2012 9:10:37 PM

Johnpombrio said:
Folks,
Be aware that me and the folks over at Win8 forum have found that CPU-Z from the CPUID site (latest version) will freeze most people's computers when it tries to run. That goes for HWMonitor, AIDA64 (the new Everest) and someone said 3DMark 2011. Several different CPU and mobo combos so not just one flavor. I have notified the CPUID folks but as of yet, no reply. In the meantime, just say no.
PS core temp works OK as does Prime-95 so a good way of testing...

johm before people run these diags are the telling windows 8 to run them as admins??
m
l
April 18, 2012 3:42:22 AM

Uhh, of course. We have tried it both with administrative rights (y'know, right click and run as Admin) and as a user. No difference. I have found that OpenHardwareMonitor works well as a substitute until the problem is fixed.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 25, 2012 3:21:34 AM

K, Problem is solved. CPU-Z just had a upgrade to version 1.6.0.1 which now works with Win8.
m
l
April 25, 2012 4:00:45 AM

same here, exactly the same software. I thought Iam the only one. And I want to add that 3dmark03 and 3dmark05 freezes your computer also
m
l
May 2, 2012 11:25:29 AM

And Aida64 Extreme engineering was just upgraded to prevent computer freezes. Version 2.30.1900 works now.
m
l
May 7, 2012 9:26:34 AM

m
l
!