tech: audio not in synch with video

Last response: in Home Audio
a b Ô Samsung
September 5, 2005 10:11:10 PM

newbie to the group, not sure if i even have the right group. any help
is appreciated

just got a new samsung hlr5668 1080p dlp tv. using a denon avr5700
receiver.

ever since hooking up the samsung i cannot get the audio in synch with
the video. it happens on both direct tv and my denon dvd player.
samsung tech support didnt offer any help.

basically im running component video with coaxial audio. i have mixed
and matched video outputs of component, s-video and line with audio
outputs of coaxial, optical and 2 channel and still cant get it to
synch up.

im pulling my hair out and there aint much left! i swear it has to be
the samsung. all i did was swap out my old 40" mits tube for the new
samsumg and this problem developed.

please email direct. thanks in advance

darin

More about : tech audio synch video

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
September 6, 2005 10:59:26 AM

azarcadegames wrote...
> newbie to the group, not sure if i even have the right
> group. any help is appreciated

Possibly not the right newsgroup. Maybe if you need to
delay the audio, this is the right place, otherwise, a video
newsgroup likely deals more with A\V sync than here.

> just got a new samsung hlr5668 1080p dlp tv. using a
> denon avr5700 receiver.

> ever since hooking up the samsung i cannot get the audio
> in synch with the video.

Does that mean it WAS in sync *before*?
Is the TV out of sync with ALL inputs?
Does the audio *lead* or *lag* the picture?
By how much?

> it happens on both direct tv and my denon dvd player.

If you view either of those sources on a different monitor,
is everything in sync?

> samsung tech support didnt offer any help.

If you didn't give them any more info than you posted
here, that seems pretty easy to imagine.

> basically im running component video with coaxial audio. i have mixed
> and matched video outputs of component, s-video and line with audio
> outputs of coaxial, optical and 2 channel and still cant get it to
> synch up.
>
> im pulling my hair out and there aint much left! i swear it has to be
> the samsung. all i did was swap out my old 40" mits tube for the new
> samsumg and this problem developed.
>
> please email direct. thanks in advance

If you post a question in a newsgroup, this is where any
a b Ô Samsung
September 6, 2005 2:33:42 PM

<azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message

> im pulling my hair out and there aint much left! i swear it has to be
> the samsung. all i did was swap out my old 40" mits tube for the new
> samsumg and this problem developed.

Have tou tried turning it off and on again?

Tim
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
September 9, 2005 10:49:33 PM

Richard Crowley wrote:
> azarcadegames wrote...
> > newbie to the group, not sure if i even have the right
> > group. any help is appreciated
>
> Possibly not the right newsgroup. Maybe if you need to
> delay the audio, this is the right place, otherwise, a video
> newsgroup likely deals more with A\V sync than here.

turns out it was the right newsgroup.

> > just got a new samsung hlr5668 1080p dlp tv. using a
> > denon avr5700 receiver.
>
> > ever since hooking up the samsung i cannot get the audio
> > in synch with the video.
>
> Does that mean it WAS in sync *before*?
> Is the TV out of sync with ALL inputs?
> Does the audio *lead* or *lag* the picture?
> By how much?

perhaps you didnt read my full post. but ill repeat it for you: all i
did was swap out my old 40" mits tube for the new samsumg and this
problem developed"

> > it happens on both direct tv and my denon dvd player.
>
> If you view either of those sources on a different monitor,
> is everything in sync?

um, see above.

> > samsung tech support didnt offer any help.
>
> If you didn't give them any more info than you posted
> here, that seems pretty easy to imagine.

keep imagining. i spent close to an hour on the phone with someone who
knew less than i did. he ended up setting up a service call, which i
cancelled after the help from 2 nice fellas in this newsgroup

> > please email direct. thanks in advance
>
> If you post a question in a newsgroup, this is where any

really? well, not all replies are public when you ask to buy/sell
something or need advice or tech help. i may be new to this group, but
im quite familiar with newsgroups.

i hope you dont treat everyone like this, only the ones who come in
here and disrespect people like you kind of did to me.
!