Sony TC-K611S Problem

Last response: in Home Audio
September 8, 2005 4:21:15 AM

Hi, Im having trouble getting my Sony TC-K611S tape deck to play and
record.

When the play button is pressed the deck makes a sound like a normally
operating tape deck would if you were to pause and then immediately
un-pause it. However, the tape doesnt advance when it makes the
¯un-pause sound. All other functions (FF, RW) work fine though.
Also, when power to the deck is turned on the pause indicator light
blinks twice and then turns off...

Any help getting this old deck to play again would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA
-Ben

More about : sony k611s problem

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 3:33:36 PM

Ben Abzug wrote:

>Hi, Im having trouble getting my Sony TC-K611S tape deck to play and
>record.
>
>When the play button is pressed the deck makes a sound like a normally
>operating tape deck would if you were to pause and then immediately
>un-pause it. However, the tape doesnt advance when it makes the
>¯un-pause sound. All other functions (FF, RW) work fine though.
>Also, when power to the deck is turned on the pause indicator light
>blinks twice and then turns off...
>
>Any help getting this old deck to play again would be greatly
>appreciated.

I think that you should bring it to a qualified service outfit and ask
them to diagnose its problem, estimate the cost of repair, and, if
authorized by you, repair it.

>TIA

HTH