Upgrading a SE K700i, what do I need?

Last response: in Brands
February 18, 2005 1:47:43 PM

Hi,

thinking of upgrading my K700i. Current version is R2A04 and I believe
that the latest version is R2AE033. Do I need to get the desktop stand,
DSS-25 or can I use the usb cable, DCU-11?

IMO they should be the same since they both connect to the computer via
USB. Or have I missed something?

Oh, what make of USB Bluetooth dongle would you recommend?

Cheers

More about : upgrading k700i

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:16:18 AM

loko__loko wrote:

> hi,
>
> you need dss-25
>
> try to upgrade with www.sonyericsson.com
>
> or use www.davinciteam.com software, but it will cost you 1 credit for
> upgrade
>
> re bluetooth dongle, try www.nextlink.to or msi bt

Be careful with the SE site. I went out and bought the dss-25 solely to be
able to upgrade via the SE website (I already had a BT connection and a USB
cable.
After going through hell to install the dss-25 software (was colliding with
bt s/w, Xtndconnect etc...). I finally established contact between the 700K
and the website just to receive the message hat upgrade is prohibited by my
phone operator (on a non-SIM-locked phone!).
Before forking out the 50 dollard for the dss-25 check that your phone can
at all be upgraded via the website.

I have a Belkin (100 meters) dongle on my desktop. It works like a dream
both with win XP and Linux.
--
Jan Schledermann
Helmond, The Netherlands

try downloading the software from davinciteam.com

then test if the phone can be detected by putting any username, then
clicking FLASH- READ CID...

btw, you can just borrow DSS-25 from any P9 users

--
loko__loko
February 20, 2005 12:20:51 PM

It seems that the software can detect my dss-25.
But it doesn't see the phone (never sim-locked K700). All that happens is, after say 15 seconds, every second a "bong" sound.

"loko__loko" <loko__loko.1kqp50@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message news:loko__loko.1kqp50@WiFi-Forum_dot_com...

> try downloading the software from davinciteam.com
>
> then test if the phone can be detected by putting any username, then
> clicking FLASH- READ CID...
>

> btw, you can just borrow DSS-25 from any P9 users
>

> --
> loko__loko
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 8:38:23 PM

Thus spake Jan Schledermann:
> Be careful with the SE site. I went out and bought the dss-25 solely
> to be able to upgrade via the SE website (I already had a BT
> connection and a USB cable.
> After going through hell to install the dss-25 software (was
> colliding with bt s/w, Xtndconnect etc...). I finally established
> contact between the 700K and the website just to receive the message
> hat upgrade is prohibited by my phone operator (on a non-SIM-locked
> phone!).

I thought it was branding that can inhibit web updating & not locking to a
particular provider?

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!

Thus spake loko__loko:
> sven...
>
> the davinciteam software didnt detect the phone...
>
> check out this site, for reference http://tinyurl.com/3z7kj

Thanks for that loko_loko

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:59:29 AM

read thoroughly,

some people posted on how they fix the problem. it might help

--
loko__loko
February 22, 2005 11:13:35 PM

"loko__loko" <loko__loko.1ktb4a@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message news:loko__loko.1ktb4a@WiFi-Forum_dot_com...

> sven...
>
> the davinciteam software didnt detect the phone...
>
> check out this site, for reference http://tinyurl.com/3z7kj
>

> --
> loko__loko
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

I just can't get it to work...

The "boing" sounds keeps coming back.
Can the DSS-25 be broken, but FMA works fine with the DSS.
I'm out of idea's.

Sven
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:20:43 AM

sven

try to change the port.

or worst, try on different computer.

i have a pc here that can work and another pc that cannot work (P900
uses this to sync)

some says it wont on win xp sp2

--
loko__loko
March 1, 2005 4:18:28 PM

"loko__loko" <loko__loko.1l7haz@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message news:loko__loko.1l7haz@WiFi-Forum_dot_com...

> sven
>
> try to change the port.
>
> or worst, try on different computer.
> --
> loko__loko
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

I works now, and I must add, it was my mistake...
I didn't turn off the phone before putting it in the dss, thus not able to turn it back on on request by the program.

What I'm not clear on, how/where to download the latest firmware (with dutch) for the K700?
I understand the credit-system, I've got one, but that's the farest I've got.

Sven
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 9:19:07 AM

for dutch.. look for eu with eng, nl (netherland) etc language.

--
loko__loko
March 6, 2005 12:08:39 PM

"loko__loko" <loko__loko.1lgl30@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message news:loko__loko.1lgl30@WiFi-Forum_dot_com...

> for dutch.. look for eu with eng, nl (netherland) etc language.
>

> --
> loko__loko
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

Found it.

But as I've discovered, the battery must be fully charged...
Mine wasn't, and the update went wrong. After that it wasn't possible to flash the phone, not even with the recovery file.
The phone is now at a SE center, I hope they can fix it.

March 7, 2005 1:09:36 PM

hmm... thats weird..

the first time i flashed a wrong file.. the phone went dead...

then i flashed with recovery or even just the latest fille.. the phone
came back alive..

used up around 3 credits for those experiments

--
loko__loko
March 10, 2005 12:38:21 AM

"Sven" <C5-vals-adres@nergens.cz> wrote in message news:422ac18f$0$30159$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...

> But as I've discovered, the battery must be fully charged...
> Mine wasn't, and the update went wrong. After that it wasn't possible to flash the phone, not even with the recovery file.
> The phone is now at a SE center, I hope they can fix it.

Got my phone back.
With the latest firmware, R2AE, but all my pictures/video's/contacts/ringtones were lost.
But I had them on pc, so nothing major was lost.
What surprises me is that my data-settings weren't lost.
Anyway, everything's fine again.