Sony Ericsson K700i and GMail POP access problem

Hello!
I have Sony Ericsson K700i mobile phone, and I can not access my GMail
with it.
I entered those parameters:
Connect by using: VIP.gprs
Protocol: POP3
Incomming server: pop.gmail.com
Incomming port: 995
Encryption: TLS/SSL
- incomming server: TLS/SSL, domain: pop.gmail.com
- outgoing server: TLS/SSL, domain: smtp.gmail.com
I entered my correct user name with @gmail.com part
I entered correct password
Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
Outgoing port. 465

Problem is that my mobile phone can not connect to the server, and
sometimes says: "server not found" and "TLS/SSL unsupported
certificate"

Where is the problem???
6 answers Last reply
More about sony ericsson k700i gmail access problem

    sony ericsson phones doesnt support ssl..

    --
    loko__loko

    Hello!
    I did contact customer service of my GSM provider VIP-net and their
    technical service department tested GMail POP but with no success. They
    tried popular models of handys (Sony Ericsson, Siemens, Nokia...) but
    no one was able to connect to GMail server.
    It shows that problem is with Google GMail server, and not with our
    handys.

    But my approach it's different. I got a free pop mail account from my
    carrier that it's easy to configurate on the phone. Then I configured
    Gmail to forward all the incomning message to this account (In the
    forwading and POP tab setting in Gmail site, easy too). And It work
    great with the email client that comes with the phone.

    It's a simple method if you don't want to download an app that support
    SSL and use it as another email client.

    --
    julio_on_k700

    You did great job!

    Here is the answer that I received from Sony Ericsson Call Center:

    The phones only supports certificates issued by a Certificate
    Authority, not self signed certificates. Which certificates available
    in the phone is shown in the menu:

    1. Enter the menu and scroll to [CONNECTIVITY], press "Select".
    2. Scroll to [INTERNET SETTINGS], press "Select".
    3. Scroll to [SECURITY], press "Select".
    4. Scroll to [TRUSTED CERT.], press "Select".
    5. A list of available certificates is shown. Select the certificate
    you want to check and press "View".

    Certificates can be sent to the phone via Infrared or Bluetooth, but
    also downloaded via internet connection (http). The phones supports
    only SSL, i.e. the connection has to be encrypted from the start of the
    connection. Otherwise there is no special consideration that has to be
    made to get encrypted E-mail to work.

    Here is the answer that I received from Sony Ericsson Call Center:

    The phones only supports certificates issued by a Certificate
    Authority, not self signed certificates. Which certificates available
    in the phone is shown in the menu:

    1. Enter the menu and scroll to [CONNECTIVITY], press "Select".
    2. Scroll to [INTERNET SETTINGS], press "Select".
    3. Scroll to [SECURITY], press "Select".
    4. Scroll to [TRUSTED CERT.], press "Select".
    5. A list of available certificates is shown. Select the certificate
    you want to check and press "View".

    Certificates can be sent to the phone via Infrared or Bluetooth, but
    also downloaded via internet connection (http). The phones supports
    only SSL, i.e. the connection has to be encrypted from the start of the
    connection. Otherwise there is no special consideration that has to be
    made to get encrypted E-mail to work.

Ericsson SSL Gmail Sony Ericsson Servers