Wan miniport(IKEv2) code 31

wsglbg

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Hello,
how do I get this wan miniport uninstalled. has yellow triange with ! inside it and have tried everything to get rid if it or update the driver

These "WAN minport" adapters are the result of some other installed software, such as AOL, Hamachi, etc. IOW, you installed something else that needed this "virtual" adapter, then it was left behind for some reason, perhaps a less than complete uninstall. It's not uncommon. And unfortunately you sometimes can NOT get rid of it, at least not easily. If you knew what installed it, you might be able to reinstall/uninstall that same software and hope it cleans up after itself. Otherwise, these are generally harmless and will have no ill effects. It's really just a set of registry entries that cause it to stick around. Perhaps a good registry cleaner might work too (e.g., CCleaner). I just disable the drivers (if it let's me) and forget about it. In fact, I have a couple of these orphaned WAN minports on one of my XP machines right now. Been there for YEARS, no ill effects.