Stop download limit

melloorr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I am trying to download a large file, but my speed is stuck on 200kbs, when my actually download speed is 2mbs

Is there any way to download the files at my actual internet speed, rather than a 10th of it?

Thanks

Your download speed is not limited SOLELY by the speed of your ISP, but also the speed of the server providing those files and its own ISP. IOW, you're only as fast as your weakest link, which might be something you don't even control. So if my upload speed is only 200Kbps, and you attempt to download a file from my server, it doesn’t matter how much faster your connection is, you won’t do any better than 200Kbps because *I’m* the limiting factor, not you.

melloorr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for the replies, I have downloaded the file finally, but this is a recurring issue.

My internet speed is 10 mbps usually, then I will download the file at around 1mbps, then after about 30mins, it will go down to 200kbps and when I test my speed again, it will be about 2 mbps. And this happens everytime I try downloading anything.

What could be the issue? I have asked my isp and they have *said* they are not capping the bandwidth