K700i, DSS-25 & SE PC suite installation woes

Last response: in Brands
February 24, 2005 2:45:08 PM

Hi,
starting from scratch (winXP Pro SP2) with a DSS-25 and the SE PC Suite
CD in the drive. I then dock my K700i onto the DSS-25. I then plug the
usb cable of the DSS-25 into my machine. The phone identifies itself as
a DSS-20 ?

Is this correct or a feature of the phones older firmware?

Allowing things to auto install from the CD, I am then prompted for
software for a USB serial port. Is this on the SE CD?

Should I be using the driver for the DSS-25 from the SE site instead of
the one supplied on the SE CD?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 5:28:55 AM

Rob Horton wrote:

> Hi,
> starting from scratch (winXP Pro SP2) with a DSS-25 and the SE PC Suite
> CD in the drive. I then dock my K700i onto the DSS-25. I then plug the
> usb cable of the DSS-25 into my machine. The phone identifies itself as
> a DSS-20 ?
>
> Is this correct or a feature of the phones older firmware?
>
> Allowing things to auto install from the CD, I am then prompted for
> software for a USB serial port. Is this on the SE CD?
>
> Should I be using the driver for the DSS-25 from the SE site instead of
> the one supplied on the SE CD?
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
I have a similar setup to yours.
My phone appears as: a serial port called: SEMC DSS SyncStation(Com3)
Further I see my phone as the name I gave it: JanSchK700i
I had a lot of problems getting to see my phone via the DSS-25. Probably
because I had already installed bluetooth and DCU-11 connections.
I eventually, manually, purged all SonyEricsson info from the registry and
the SyncStation worked. (only to find out that I couldn't upgrade s/w amd
firmware via the SE website because KPN, my Dutch provider, doesn't allow
that!).

Best regards
Jan Schledermann
Helmond, The Netherlands