Voda & P910

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
February 24, 2005 2:57:35 PM

its official, the P910 will not work as a Bluetooth modem on the Voda (UK)
network.

Some software problem...

SE and Voda are working on it.

More about : voda p910

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:16:19 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:57:35 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
wrote:

>its official, the P910 will not work as a Bluetooth modem on the Voda (UK)
>network.
>
>Some software problem...
>
>SE and Voda are working on it.

Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)

I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.

No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 3:51:34 AM

No luck with my p910 and a Sony vaio laptop with built in Bluetooth, works
fine with p900.

"Pete D." <peter.downing@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:57:35 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
> wrote:
>
>>its official, the P910 will not work as a Bluetooth modem on the Voda (UK)
>>network.
>>
>>Some software problem...
>>
>>SE and Voda are working on it.

> Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)
>
> I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.
>
> No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
> AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 2:42:15 AM

Can you post any settings you have? I can get a connection, but just
can't access anything. (also using XP, (a 910 and bluetooth).

Chris

Pete D. wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:57:35 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
>wrote:
>

>>its official, the P910 will not work as a Bluetooth modem on the Voda (UK)
>>network.
>>
>>Some software problem...
>>
>>SE and Voda are working on it.

>Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)
>
>I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.
>
>No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
>AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 1:03:31 PM

Same with me, Voda are going to call me with their "expert" on Monday so I
will let you know.
Spent two hours on the phone to Voda trying different settings but still the
same, I get the connection but noting will download. Click on the properties
of the connection, always the same about 5000k up load and 250k downloaded.
Put the sim card into my old P900 and all is well, no problems at all....
a strange one.

"Chris Gadsby" <chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Can you post any settings you have? I can get a connection, but just
> can't access anything. (also using XP, (a 910 and bluetooth).
>
> Chris
>
> Pete D. wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:57:35 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>its official, the P910 will not work as a Bluetooth modem on the Voda
>>>(UK) network.
>>>
>>>Some software problem...
>>>
>>>SE and Voda are working on it.

>>Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)
>>I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.
>>
>>No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
>>AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 4:21:00 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:42:15 +0000, Chris Gadsby
<chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote:

>Can you post any settings you have? I can get a connection, but just
>can't access anything. (also using XP, (a 910 and bluetooth).
>
>Chris
>
>Pete D. wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:57:35 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>its official, the P910 will not work as a Bluetooth modem on the Voda (UK)
>>>network.
>>>
>>>Some software problem...
>>>
>>>SE and Voda are working on it.

>>Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)
>>
>>I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.
>>
>>No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
>>AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.

I haven't changed/added any settings.

I installed the modem driver from the disk (shows as Sony Ericsson
P900 series BT modem) assigned a COM port for dialup networking,
paired the phone and away it went.

My laptop has XP SP1 (not SP2) which may or may not be relevent to
your problem.

Maybe it's certain combinations of the phone, BTdongles/cards etc.
that causes the problems. Have you tried with a different BT
dongle/card? Maybe worth trying it even if you have onboard BT on your
laptop.

Can you access anything via an IR modem connection with the P910?

Connecting but not being able to access anything sounds more like DNS
problems than hardware.

Note I'm only using the phone for normal dialup via GSM, not GPRS - I
have a multiSIM account and can't use GPRS.

Just as an aside on the GPRS thing - If you can make a connection via
GPRS but can't access anything, make sure you have the correct APN
enabled on your Vodafone account. e.g if you connect to the WAP APN
you won't be able to browse the 'real' Internet. You need to use the
Internet APN which isn't usually set up by default on a Vodafone
account.

HTH.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 4:29:36 PM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:03:31 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
wrote:

>Same with me, Voda are going to call me with their "expert" on Monday so I
>will let you know.
>Spent two hours on the phone to Voda trying different settings but still the
>same, I get the connection but noting will download. Click on the properties
>of the connection, always the same about 5000k up load and 250k downloaded.
>Put the sim card into my old P900 and all is well, no problems at all....
>a strange one.

Have you considered the P910 might be faulty?

I've actually got two (I bought myself one, sim free and unbranded,
and then a couple of months later, work gave us all a Vodafone branded
one so they could keep an eye on our diaries - we sync with Lotus
Notes).

Anyway, what I'm saying is that both work fine as BT modems for GSM
dial up via Vodafone. Maybe your individual phone is the problem?
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 12:12:48 AM

Good news,

after spending another two hours on the horn to Voda I took the P910 to
Carphone W where they flashed it with the latest software (getting rid of
Voda start-up in the process, a plus in my book)

Returned home and managed to get the thing to work as a Bluetooth modem for
the first time!

Nice

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:42:15 +0000, Chris Gadsby
> <chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Can you post any settings you have? I can get a connection, but just
>>can't access anything. (also using XP, (a 910 and bluetooth).
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>Pete D. wrote:

>>>Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)
>>>
>>>I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.
>>>
>>>No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
>>>AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.
>>>

> I haven't changed/added any settings.
>
> I installed the modem driver from the disk (shows as Sony Ericsson
> P900 series BT modem) assigned a COM port for dialup networking,
> paired the phone and away it went.
>
> My laptop has XP SP1 (not SP2) which may or may not be relevent to
> your problem.
>
> Maybe it's certain combinations of the phone, BTdongles/cards etc.
> that causes the problems. Have you tried with a different BT
> dongle/card? Maybe worth trying it even if you have onboard BT on your
> laptop.
>
> Can you access anything via an IR modem connection with the P910?
>
> Connecting but not being able to access anything sounds more like DNS
> problems than hardware.
>
> Note I'm only using the phone for normal dialup via GSM, not GPRS - I
> have a multiSIM account and can't use GPRS.
>
> Just as an aside on the GPRS thing - If you can make a connection via
> GPRS but can't access anything, make sure you have the correct APN
> enabled on your Vodafone account. e.g if you connect to the WAP APN
> you won't be able to browse the 'real' Internet. You need to use the
> Internet APN which isn't usually set up by default on a Vodafone
> account.
>
> HTH.

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 2:46:51 AM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:12:48 -0000, "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net>
wrote:

>Good news,
>
>after spending another two hours on the horn to Voda I took the P910 to
>Carphone W where they flashed it with the latest software (getting rid of
>Voda start-up in the process, a plus in my book)
>
>Returned home and managed to get the thing to work as a Bluetooth modem for
>the first time!
>
>Nice

That was something I meant to suggest too. Glad you're sorted!
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:47:17 AM

I think it is something like DNS or possibly the APN - but it looks OK.

I'm using GPRS not GSM. Actually dial-ups via PC-Anywhere using the
P910 modem work fine.

Regards

Chris

Pete D. wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:42:15 +0000, Chris Gadsby
><chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>>Can you post any settings you have? I can get a connection, but just
>>can't access anything. (also using XP, (a 910 and bluetooth).
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>Pete D. wrote:

>>>Well, no one's told mine because it works fine :-)
>>>
>>>I have a Voda P910, NSC Bluecard BT adapter and Windows XP.
>>>
>>>No problems at all - happily connecting via Bluetooth to dialup on
>>>AT&T global and Nildram using the Vodafone network.
>>>

>I haven't changed/added any settings.
>
>I installed the modem driver from the disk (shows as Sony Ericsson
>P900 series BT modem) assigned a COM port for dialup networking,
>paired the phone and away it went.
>
>My laptop has XP SP1 (not SP2) which may or may not be relevent to
>your problem.
>
>Maybe it's certain combinations of the phone, BTdongles/cards etc.
>that causes the problems. Have you tried with a different BT
>dongle/card? Maybe worth trying it even if you have onboard BT on your
>laptop.
>
>Can you access anything via an IR modem connection with the P910?
>
>Connecting but not being able to access anything sounds more like DNS
>problems than hardware.
>
>Note I'm only using the phone for normal dialup via GSM, not GPRS - I
>have a multiSIM account and can't use GPRS.
>
>Just as an aside on the GPRS thing - If you can make a connection via
>GPRS but can't access anything, make sure you have the correct APN
>enabled on your Vodafone account. e.g if you connect to the WAP APN
>you won't be able to browse the 'real' Internet. You need to use the
>Internet APN which isn't usually set up by default on a Vodafone
>account.
>
>HTH.

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:49:09 AM