Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

I am looking to hire a computer programmer for a part time project. I
need a program to interface with an online gaming site. The
programmer would have to be proficient in windows programming,
networking, and java. The pay will be very good. If you're
interested, call me at (609) 610-1987.

Regards,
Ari

junaid

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004

nshenain@yahoo.com (Programmer7) wrote in message news:<1d1008ad.0406300519.2d46ec6e@posting.google.com>...
> I am looking to hire a computer programmer for a part time project. I
> need a program to interface with an online gaming site. The
> programmer would have to be proficient in windows programming,
> networking, and java. The pay will be very good. If you're
> interested, call me at (609) 610-1987.
>
> Regards,
> Ari

if out sourcing or off site work is possible then let me knw. i have
good experience in Windows programing and network but NOT in java

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

nshenain@yahoo.com (Programmer7) wrote in

> I am looking to hire a computer programmer for a part time project. I
> need a program to interface with an online gaming site. The
> programmer would have to be proficient in windows programming,
> networking, and java. The pay will be very good. If you're
> interested, call me at (609) 610-1987.

Why Windows programming AND Java? Seems you'd want one or the other.

Lash Rambo wrote:
> nshenain@yahoo.com (Programmer7) wrote in
>
> Why Windows programming AND Java? Seems you'd want one or the other.

Not if you use JNI for some obscure reason..

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Ignace Saenen <ignace.saenen@NOSPAM.writeme.com> wrote in

> Lash Rambo wrote:
>> nshenain@yahoo.com (Programmer7) wrote in
>>
>> Why Windows programming AND Java? Seems you'd want one or the other.
>
> Not if you use JNI for some obscure reason..

Assuming "obscure" isn't intended sarcastically, then sure. It just seems
Java is the wrong tool for the job if you're interested in Windows
programming in particular. C# would make a lot more sense.

Anyway, I'm sure the original poster is too busy sorting through the 3500
resumes he probably got in response to that post to bother replying to me.
:)

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Lash Rambo <lrambo@obmarl.com> wrote in

> Ignace Saenen <ignace.saenen@NOSPAM.writeme.com> wrote in
>
>> Lash Rambo wrote:
>>> nshenain@yahoo.com (Programmer7) wrote in
>>>
>>> Why Windows programming AND Java? Seems you'd want one or the
>>> other.
>>
>> Not if you use JNI for some obscure reason..
>
> Assuming "obscure" isn't intended sarcastically, then sure. It just
> seems Java is the wrong tool for the job if you're interested in
> Windows programming in particular. C# would make a lot more sense.

Wouldnt Java denote an online game? Something browser connected?
Although then Im not sure what the Windows thing was. Creating a java that
only works with windows seems counter purpose.

Gandalf Parker

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in

> Lash Rambo <lrambo@obmarl.com> wrote in
>
>> Ignace Saenen <ignace.saenen@NOSPAM.writeme.com> wrote in

>>> Not if you use JNI for some obscure reason..
>>
>> Assuming "obscure" isn't intended sarcastically, then sure. It just
>> seems Java is the wrong tool for the job if you're interested in
>> Windows programming in particular. C# would make a lot more sense.
>
> Wouldnt Java denote an online game? Something browser connected?
> Although then Im not sure what the Windows thing was. Creating a java
> that only works with windows seems counter purpose.

Actually not. Java is a very stable solution, with things like automatic
method devirtualisation, nice ability to save memory, and ability to
recompile towards target CPU. And don't forget on the dreaded ability to
recompile source code at runtime (possiblities for fast AI and polymorfic
programs are endless).

Of course if you ment counter purpose for unstable system. Then I might
agree. Stability would unnecessary increase.

--
Kizutsuite 'ta ano hi kara

Archived from groups: comp.ai.games (More info?)

nshenain@yahoo.com (Programmer7) wrote in

> I am looking to hire a computer programmer for a part time project. I
> need a program to interface with an online gaming site. The
> programmer would have to be proficient in windows programming,
> networking, and java. The pay will be very good. If you're
> interested, call me at (609) 610-1987.

That's funny. I for example have some experience with windoze programming,
very long experience with Java programming, and nearly no experience with
net programming. (Of course windoze programming through MASM32.)

Did you mean a splash screen loader with multithreaded JVM launching? Or
the "This OS would terminate in 15 seconds" feature? Or the dreaded MASM32
connected to the Java and SSE2 insturcions blast? Or just simple we would
make hacking of our client harder and buy a little time, aprox 14 days, to
improve our client to be cryptographically secure?
That last feature isn't worthy if you are not in time pressure, and it wont
help you at all if you are in seeking programmer to start status. (you'd
have that 14 days worth of time or you'd be likely to botch it completely.)

As a sidenote I'm artist not a programmer. I was just kinda forced into
learning programming to be able to do an art. And, I'm aprox. 2000th best
programmer today. (Or did it applied 2 months ago?)

--
Kizutsuite 'ta ano hi kara