Sign in with
Your question

Case ATX Panel Question

Last response: in Components
June 21, 2002 2:34:48 PM

This may be a silly question, but I'm getting ready to install a motherboard into a new case. The metal ATX panel in back of the case has knockouts and openings with prongs for the parallel port, sound inputs, network inputs, etc. Not having done this before, my question is this:

Do I bend the prongs back and fit the motherboard connectors in? Or do I cut the prongs off?
Also, my motherboard has a metal ATX panel that I can use in place of the existing panel. It seems the only way to get the existing one out is to crush it. I've tried to push it out and it doesn't seem to want to move. Any tips on how to get the existing ATX panel out?
June 21, 2002 6:18:45 PM

usually the back plates are held on by a clip or screws, could just be stuck really good, you should be able to get it out. but if you just leave it there, the little knockouts for the pp and sound break off when you bend them a couple times, just break them all out and stick the mother board in the hole carefully, dont forget to install the mobo standoffs.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
!