SE K750 - Q2 proposed launch

Last response: in Brands
March 4, 2005 8:53:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Known as Clara during development

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=400...
same URL:
http://tinyurl.com/568o8

Tri band GSM, no 850GSM/Edge model:
38MB internal memory
MS Duo Pro up>1GB (64MB supplied, 2GB MS to be launched this Xmas)
256k screen
2MP autofocus camera - 4x (possibly continuous zoom), 2x LED & macro mode
Bolt-on Xenon flash accessory (MXE-60)
USB support (mini USB port?)
Stereo music playback/FM RDS radio
RCA audio out lead accessory (MMC-60, definitely for the W800)
Video editing
Customisable Message tone (possibly only one)
Supposedly BT v2 support, IR
Streaming A/V accessory (BT?)

Also the Sony Walkman version (W800) probably with better player s/w, 512MB
bundled MS, probably fewer camera functions & possibly better quality wired
handsfree to be released ~Sept? I would /guess/ at both having the same h/w
& both phones have an extra button below the screen. The W800 can be used as
a MP3 player with the phone off (30hr playback, ~15hrs with the phone on
standby). 900mA/hr Li Ion battery & 99g.

Further unofficial info:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1090&idPh...
http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/index.php

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least gives
some feedback!

More about : k750 proposed launch

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 8:53:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Old News...
but thanks...
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 11:48:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Thus spake pkim74@gmail.com:
> Old News...
> but thanks...

Don't wish away your life to quickly :D  Old news on something yet to be
released. Feel free to pip me to the post in future!

--
Thank people in advance? Thanking or cursing them afterwards at least
gives some feedback!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 1:39:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Ha ha...
sorry Didnt mean to flame you...
thanks for the info...
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 1:30:17 PM

<pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ha ha...
> sorry Didnt mean to flame you...
> thanks for the info...

Interesting feature on the W800 - it can be used in music mode only with
the phone switched off, so could be used on a plane (same principle as
Flight mode on P910i)

John.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:15:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Thus spake Johnny Turbo:
> <pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ha ha...
>> sorry Didnt mean to flame you...
>> thanks for the info...
>
> Interesting feature on the W800 - it can be used in music mode only
> with the phone switched off, so could be used on a plane (same
> principle as Flight mode on P910i)
>
> John.

Up to 30hrs! Not sure that one can access Contacts, take pictures use BT etc
in that mode. It would be nice to be able to just switch off the RF section
(on the K750i as well). Either phone is reputed to support hotswapping MS
Duo Pros up to 4GB or even the ceiling of 32GB /when/ available. Current MS
prices are fairly high, even the SanDisk branded ones.

Both models come with some interesting accessories - hopefully
interchangeable. I'm more interested in seeing some pictures taken with
either model. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that battery life is longer than
the K700 & the screen is reported to also be noticeably better & brighter.
The only criticism I've read was that text input was slow but may have been
on an early preproduction model. No doubt this phone will have the usual f/w
upgrades.

--
!