Sign in with
Your question

Power supply shopping - Antec or Enermax

Last response: in Components
June 21, 2002 6:08:44 PM

Which company has the better supplies between Enermax and Antec's True Power supplies?

First, I'm not sure what rating I should get. I've got a PIII/socket 370 combo. I've also got a hard drive cooler, two case fans, and the fan for my heatsink.

Right now I've got a Antec Original 300w, and when I monitor my lines I can see how my 12v and 3.3v lines dip frequently. I was thinking about getting the Antec True 330w Power supply, but is there a better choice?

thank you

----------------
stop reading this!
June 21, 2002 6:14:17 PM

imo they are equal companys, but i like enermax myself.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
June 22, 2002 6:02:57 AM

After experiencing quality problems with serveral Antec power supplies, I would recommend Enermax or Sparkle.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
Related resources
June 22, 2002 11:56:02 AM

I also perfer Enermax.
June 23, 2002 4:17:34 AM

Let's hear it for Enermax!

<b><font color=blue>The shortest distance between two points is under construction. :lol: 
June 23, 2002 6:10:40 AM

I am buying a computer for college and have all the components decided upon (down to the floppy drive) except for the PSU. I have heard great things about Enermax, and am aiming to get one of their units. However, I'm not too sure which model (of the many they have) I should get. I know I want a 431watt unit, but which 431w model would you guys suggest?

"I curse the shark that stole me leg"
-PegLegPete
June 23, 2002 9:35:39 AM

They're both fine, but Enermax isn't superior to everything else, and yesterday I fixed my first ATX Enermax (previous ones were AT). Another good make is FSP (Fotron, Source, and Sparkle).
June 23, 2002 10:42:17 AM

The more expensive model have more feature that allow you control the fan. I think is not very useful. I just get the cheaper model.
!