digital pen and T-Mobile

I have a Sony Ericsson digital pen purchased in the UK that I'd like to use
on the
T-Mobile USA network. The pen syncs with my Ericsson phone via Bluetooth,
but looks
for a dial-up access number for internet access. T-Mobile says they have no
US dial-up access numbers for internet access, but T-Mobile UK apparently
does.

Is there any way to access the T-Mobile USA internet service via a dial-up
connection?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about digital mobile

    David wrote:
    > I have a Sony Ericsson digital pen purchased in the UK that I'd like
    to use
    > on the
    > T-Mobile USA network. The pen syncs with my Ericsson phone via
    Bluetooth,
    > but looks
    > for a dial-up access number for internet access. T-Mobile says they
    have no
    > US dial-up access numbers for internet access, but T-Mobile UK
    apparently
    > does.
    >
    > Is there any way to access the T-Mobile USA internet service via a
    dial-up
    > connection?

    They used to provide a CSD dial-up number, but I don't know what it was
    or if it's still around. It would use your standard cellular minutes.

    You could always just dial up a standard ISP, since the cost is the
    same...

    Alternatively, are you sure you can't get the pen to use GPRS?

    Unfortunately, the pen only uses dial-up. I was able to get a working
    T-Mobile number and am now able to connect to the internet, but from there I
    can't log on to the required server (Anoto, in Sweden) to actually send the
    text message.

    Technology can be frustrating.

    Thanks for the reply.

    <bb+graffiti.spam.gopigopi@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message
    > David wrote:
    > > I have a Sony Ericsson digital pen purchased in the UK that I'd like
    > to use
    > > on the
    > > T-Mobile USA network. The pen syncs with my Ericsson phone via
    > Bluetooth,
    > > but looks
    > > for a dial-up access number for internet access. T-Mobile says they
    > have no
    > > US dial-up access numbers for internet access, but T-Mobile UK
    > apparently
    > > does.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to access the T-Mobile USA internet service via a
    > dial-up
    > > connection?
    >
    > They used to provide a CSD dial-up number, but I don't know what it was
    > or if it's still around. It would use your standard cellular minutes.
    >
    > You could always just dial up a standard ISP, since the cost is the
    > same...
    >
    > Alternatively, are you sure you can't get the pen to use GPRS?

Ericsson Mobile Internet Access Dial Up Connection