digital pen and T-Mobile

Last response: in Brands
Share
March 10, 2005 7:08:34 AM

I have a Sony Ericsson digital pen purchased in the UK that I'd like to use
on the
T-Mobile USA network. The pen syncs with my Ericsson phone via Bluetooth,
but looks
for a dial-up access number for internet access. T-Mobile says they have no
US dial-up access numbers for internet access, but T-Mobile UK apparently
does.

Is there any way to access the T-Mobile USA internet service via a dial-up
connection?

Thanks.

More about : digital pen mobile

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 7:19:42 AM

David wrote:
> I have a Sony Ericsson digital pen purchased in the UK that I'd like
to use
> on the
> T-Mobile USA network. The pen syncs with my Ericsson phone via
Bluetooth,
> but looks
> for a dial-up access number for internet access. T-Mobile says they
have no
> US dial-up access numbers for internet access, but T-Mobile UK
apparently
> does.
>
> Is there any way to access the T-Mobile USA internet service via a
dial-up
> connection?

They used to provide a CSD dial-up number, but I don't know what it was
or if it's still around. It would use your standard cellular minutes.

You could always just dial up a standard ISP, since the cost is the
same...

Alternatively, are you sure you can't get the pen to use GPRS?
March 13, 2005 6:26:05 PM

Unfortunately, the pen only uses dial-up. I was able to get a working
T-Mobile number and am now able to connect to the internet, but from there I
can't log on to the required server (Anoto, in Sweden) to actually send the
text message.

Technology can be frustrating.

Thanks for the reply.

!