Can't burn audio files - help!

knutley

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002
I'm having a terrible time burning a cd from my audio files. Apparently they are stored on my hard drive in a couple of formats, and I don't know what to do with them. Most of them are saved as Real System Media files, which is apparently a Real Player format. However, when I try to burn them, I can't get to them with my software. I am using an HP 9200 series cd-writer which comes with its own software. Real Player wants me to use EZ CD Creator by Roxio, and wants me to upgrade my Real Player in the process. I really don't want to spend all that money just to be able to record those files. Is there anything else I can do, or am I stuck with upgrading in order to burn those tracks?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
to make an audio cd with them you would need to convert to CDA ( WAV) format.. to burn as RM files burn them as DATA not audio ( same goes for mp3's) there might be a converter to change them to wav files from RM but as I hate RM I've never researched it

** edit** Maybe<A HREF="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Realaudio-to-Wav_Recorder/" target="_new"> this </A> shareware will help

<font color=blue><b> Common Sense is anything but ... Common !</font color=blue></b>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lagger on 06/22/02 10:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
There's a few programs that I have that will convert .rm to .wav. But Real changes their formats twice a year so programs get outdated really quick. Even if the file is named .rm, the actual codec varies every 6 months. Literally.

Last one I remember was G2. Now it's probably G8.

I doubt anything I have would do their newest format. G8 or whatever in the hell, so I can't really help you out there.

As a backup secondary, you could record the audio out with another program, and save that as a .wav. The quality won't be digital, but it will get the job done half-a$$ed.

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not all that big into audio but I'm betting Grapedit can convert your files givin the proper codecs.

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.