Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Software Shearing

Last response: in Networking
July 12, 2012 6:49:23 AM

Hello,
Our company just brought a .net software. Nw I have to install it in a single PC or windows server. We have 5 software developer So how do i share this software from the server for this 5 user in our LAN network. And more important think 5 developer will work on this software at the same time. Because this software is a multi user software. Kindly tell me what the concept will work in such cases and what is procedure to make it. Thank you

More about : software shearing

July 12, 2012 1:02:16 PM

I don't think I've ever heard of multi-user development software. It's normally single user and you use versioning/collabrative software for indivuduals to post their updates.

If this is truly multi-user, all you need to do is set the permissions on the program folder so that your develpment workgroup has access to it.
m
l
July 13, 2012 6:56:57 AM

Thank you for your reply. If I set the permission on the software program folder then can any developer run the software from there own pc by over LAN?
m
l
Related resources
July 13, 2012 11:53:50 AM

If those people have user accounts on the server and the program truly is multi-user than yes. If it's not multi-user, it will fail miserably.
m
l
July 14, 2012 7:22:18 AM

Thank you for your reply. I've share the software installed folder from the program folder of c drive but it's not opening from other pc of LAN. I m getting some dll error. Some one tell me I can do it by making terminal server. Can you give me some idea on it. Can u tell me how I share a software by terminal server. Please reply me as soon as possible. It's very argent for me. Thank you.
m
l

Best solution

July 16, 2012 11:36:55 AM

If the software isn't multi user than terminal services will make no difference. You will need a license for each computer you want to run the software on. It's appearent that this software isn't multi-user. You didn't list the name of the software either.
July 21, 2012 5:05:22 AM

Best answer selected by p_hazra.
m
l
July 21, 2012 5:05:29 AM

Thanks friend, I guess the problem is solve. I install terminal server in windows server 2003 and access this software from different PC at the same time. It's working fine. Thanks for support me friend.
m
l
!