Hi everyone! New to this site, in desparate need of some help.
So i recently wiped my system and started fresh on windows 7 X64, and have had networking issues ever since.
Im using a Belkin N750 wireless usb adapter, and i always have 4/5 -5/5 signal bars.
I can connect to the network, and it shows internet access, but when I try to load web pages it takes a EXTREMELY Long time, if it even works at all.
I ran speedtest.net, and I get around 40-50 Ping, 4-5Mbps Down and 1mb UP.
When I try to play counterstrike online its almost impossible due to so much lag, and my latency is usually 60-75...
I have a laptop right next to the computer with the problem, and it loads pages fine and downloads at around 2mbps, on the same network...
Things ive tried**
*Tcp/Ip Stack Fix
*Entering Ip settings manually
*Uninstalling and reinstalling Belkin usb network adapter
*And a few other suggestions through the elevated cmd (cannot rememer the cmmands)
Ip paying for 12656kbps download, and my modom/router is a 2wire i3812V.
Speedtest really isnt the issue here, it has always shown around 4-5mbps down, and still is. But when it does, it takes numerous tries to get it to load, as well as any other website. Games are pretty much unplayable due to so much lag... It seems like the connection keeps getting interupted. I checked sending/recieving packets and it will work fine for a minute or so, then freeze or go extremely slow.
Just seems like I NEVER have a steady connection.
Hope this narrows things down a bit.
You mention that you wiped your PC then in the last sentence you say "New PC" so is it simply a wipe of the hard drive and a reinstall then the problem started or is it you have added new parts and if so what?
Please also disable all antivirus Spyware programs, browser addons and firewalls for the time being.
Also as a test restart your PC in Safe Mode with Networking and see if the problem persists. Please report back after this is done and make sure you only have 1 Antivirus program installed. Although to be honest I would uninstall it all until you have a resolution to the problem.
IP Config looks ok and I guess the ISP is BTInternet?
I just find it weird on the pc with the problem, I can connect fine to a different access point with no troubles. And on my other laptop, I can connect fine to my router with no issues...
It makes me think theres something configured wrong with my pc, and not a problem with the router.
Just a thought...
OK go in to manage wireless networks in the Network and sharing centre and remove the home wireless network. Then go on the router config and remove all the security and make it open. Reboot router then reboot PC. If it all connects reapply the network security.
Alright guys I think shes working!! I changed the dns settings to manual using googles, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 and then the cmd prompts
netsh int ip reset reset.log press enter
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
netsh winsock reset catalog press enter
nbtstat -r press enter
nbtstat -RR press enter
ipconfig /flushdns press enter and restart Laptop.
And all seems well! No more slow web pages, no more online game lag, and getting the best results ive seen on speedtest.net!
I really appreciate all the help, you guys have no idea how much this has helped me
Sadly, only 2 hours later it dropped back to the 1.0 MBPS it was showing when I clicked "status" on the connection.
I tried probably 10 other fixes with no change. Finally, someone said to go to Control Panel->System->Device Manager->Belkin N750->Advanced and "enable" all the options which for some reason were set to "disable."
Now when I view "status" for my connection, I am seeing anything from 36 to 54MBPS and my speedtest.net score is anywhere from 5 to 15 MB.
I am still suspicious that my speed is going to drop again and the problem isn't completely fixed. My other computer is right next to this one and always shows 54 MBPS for the connection... so I think something may still be wrong given the strength of this wireless antenna.