Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

P910i bugs on T-Mobile

Last response: in Brands
Share
March 14, 2005 9:53:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Hi all



I have had my new P910i for about a week, I have found 2 bugs, don't know if
anybody else has come across this.



If you get a missed call, you get the panel at the bottom saying how many
missed calls there are. If you click on the missed calls if shows you the
list, then click the desktop button and you are back to the desktop. Trouble
is every time you do anything else and come back to the desktop the window
is still there, the only way you can get the phone to stop showing these
messages is to call the number and then hang up. This works ok until you get
a number withheld, then you are screwed!



Also every time I use the phone as a GPRS modem the phone crashes. I have
spoken to Sony Erisson about this and they tell me is T-Mobile have screwed
up the software re-write, I am waiting to hear back form T-Mobile about
this, but is anybody else having trouble like this?



Brian

More about : p910i bugs mobile

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 9:54:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

hi im using p910a w/T-mobile.
No problems so far...
Have u tried Firmware upgrade?
Good Luck...
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:58:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I had mine for about 2 months
No Problems so far...
Thanks
March 15, 2005 6:51:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

How strange, my friend got one recently and has got the
same problem, how long have you had your phone?

And yes I have tried the firmware upgrade from
Sony Erisson site

Brian



<pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1110835595.688308.42260@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> hi im using p910a w/T-mobile.
> No problems so far...
> Have u tried Firmware upgrade?
> Good Luck...
>
March 15, 2005 9:28:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Brian" <not@given.com> wrote in message
news:b5lZd.21055$3A6.622@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Hi all
>
>
>
> I have had my new P910i for about a week, I have found 2 bugs, don't know
if
> anybody else has come across this.
>
>
>
> If you get a missed call, you get the panel at the bottom saying how many
> missed calls there are. If you click on the missed calls if shows you the
> list, then click the desktop button and you are back to the desktop.
Trouble
> is every time you do anything else and come back to the desktop the window
> is still there, the only way you can get the phone to stop showing these
> messages is to call the number and then hang up. This works ok until you
get
> a number withheld, then you are screwed!
>
>
>
> Also every time I use the phone as a GPRS modem the phone crashes. I have
> spoken to Sony Erisson about this and they tell me is T-Mobile have
screwed
> up the software re-write, I am waiting to hear back form T-Mobile about
> this, but is anybody else having trouble like this?
>
>
>
> Brian
>

On my P910i (Orange) thae missed call facility works very well and doesn't
give any problems at all. As for GPRS mine also works fine and I use it with
both my Palm T3 and laptop. Have you checked that you don't need to use any
special initialisation string for GPRS? Whilst *99# works fine on my old MS
Smartphone with Orange I had to enter a specific character string to get
reliable GPRS, with this phone I don't.

Orange often provide setup's for specific phones have you checked T-Mobile
for the same facility?

Martin
March 16, 2005 7:44:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I'm starting to wonder if there is a batch problem here?
Time to get back on to t-mobile

Brian


"Martin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D 179g4$nq2$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "Brian" <not@given.com> wrote in message
> news:b5lZd.21055$3A6.622@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
>> Hi all
>>
>>
>>
>> I have had my new P910i for about a week, I have found 2 bugs, don't know
> if
>> anybody else has come across this.
>>
>>
>>
>> If you get a missed call, you get the panel at the bottom saying how many
>> missed calls there are. If you click on the missed calls if shows you the
>> list, then click the desktop button and you are back to the desktop.
> Trouble
>> is every time you do anything else and come back to the desktop the
>> window
>> is still there, the only way you can get the phone to stop showing these
>> messages is to call the number and then hang up. This works ok until you
> get
>> a number withheld, then you are screwed!
>>
>>
>>
>> Also every time I use the phone as a GPRS modem the phone crashes. I have
>> spoken to Sony Erisson about this and they tell me is T-Mobile have
> screwed
>> up the software re-write, I am waiting to hear back form T-Mobile about
>> this, but is anybody else having trouble like this?
>>
>>
>>
>> Brian
>>
>
> On my P910i (Orange) thae missed call facility works very well and doesn't
> give any problems at all. As for GPRS mine also works fine and I use it
> with
> both my Palm T3 and laptop. Have you checked that you don't need to use
> any
> special initialisation string for GPRS? Whilst *99# works fine on my old
> MS
> Smartphone with Orange I had to enter a specific character string to get
> reliable GPRS, with this phone I don't.
>
> Orange often provide setup's for specific phones have you checked T-Mobile
> for the same facility?
>
> Martin
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:47:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

that might be it...
But also u can always go with p910a..
Best phone ever...
Good Luck..
March 17, 2005 4:09:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Take 2, new phone turning up tomorrow, lets see what happens
then..............
I will let you know
March 18, 2005 5:54:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

P910a??? Never heard of that one

Right I have had the p910i replaced today, and now gets replaced
again tomorrow as it been damaged in transit.

I have spoken to a tech block at T-Mobile regarding the GPRS
and it looks like there are a few changes I needed to make to my
configuration to get it to work.

I do however still have a problem with the missed call thing
on the one replaced today, and guessing it going to be the
same for the one tomorrow.

Lets just make sure we are talking about the right thing here.
I have the phone set to lock the keypad after 2 mins, and in
order to unlock it I have to enter a code, I have also removed
the keypad.
..
If I have had a missed call then the panel shows. Those of you
that are not having trouble with it ( Martin) what shows when
you get a missed call from a number that is not withheld and
from one that is?
Also what happens if you just click the desktop button
does this panel ever show again?

Brian




<pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1111034850.698003.150040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> that might be it...
> But also u can always go with p910a..
> Best phone ever...
> Good Luck..
>
March 18, 2005 10:06:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Brian" <not@given.com> wrote in message
news:Spr_d.813$2Q.381@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...
> P910a??? Never heard of that one
>
> Right I have had the p910i replaced today, and now gets replaced
> again tomorrow as it been damaged in transit.
>
> I have spoken to a tech block at T-Mobile regarding the GPRS
> and it looks like there are a few changes I needed to make to my
> configuration to get it to work.
>
> I do however still have a problem with the missed call thing
> on the one replaced today, and guessing it going to be the
> same for the one tomorrow.
>
> Lets just make sure we are talking about the right thing here.
> I have the phone set to lock the keypad after 2 mins, and in
> order to unlock it I have to enter a code, I have also removed
> the keypad.
> .
> If I have had a missed call then the panel shows. Those of you
> that are not having trouble with it ( Martin) what shows when
> you get a missed call from a number that is not withheld and
> from one that is?
> Also what happens if you just click the desktop button
> does this panel ever show again?
>
> Brian
>
>
>
>
> <pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1111034850.698003.150040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > that might be it...
> > But also u can always go with p910a..
> > Best phone ever...
> > Good Luck..
> >
>
>

Hmm. Don't know as I have the flip on my phone. I've never bothered to
remove it (can't see the benefit)

Martin
!